Celebratory Events Surrounding PACE Announcement
Today, a consortium of industry leaders announced a multimillion dollar, in-kind contribution to UC in order to advance design and engineering education. The campus community is invited to celebrate this contribution in a series of events throughout the day.
Date: 10/18/2007 12:00:00 AM
By: M.B. Reilly
Phone: (513) 556-1824
Review of announcement at Tangeman University Center
|Opening the UC-PACE announcement was Michael Moschen, a MacArthur Fellow who incorporates art, physics and mathematics into his illusion-as-entertainment presentations.|
- Remarks by David Lyon, executive director, North American Interior Design, General Motors, Inc.
- Remarks by Dave Wharry, vice president of global accounts, Autodesk, Inc.
- Remarks by John Nielsen, GM Global Manufacturing & Quality, EDS.
- Remarks by Paul Renaud, director of Worldwide Segment and ISV Marketing for Hewlett-Packard Co.’s Workstation Division.
- Remarks by Dave Shirk, executive vice president, Global Marketing, Siemens PLM Software.
- Remarks by Tom Lockman, regional sales executive, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Remarks by Elaine Chapman-Moore, manager, Global PACE Partnerships, General Motors, Inc.
- Remarks by UC President Nancy Zimpher.
|Student speaker Elizabeth Kern.|
- Remarks by UC College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP) junior Elizabeth Kern.
- Remarks by UC College of Engineering senior Jeremy Briggs.
As a follow up to this morning announcement, celebratory events for the campus community are planned for the afternoon, including
- Tours of UC’s internationally ranked College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning and of the nationally ranked College of Engineering from 1:30-5:30 p.m.
- An exhibition of GM concept cars: the Chevrolet Camaro Concept Convertible, the Sequel (with hybrid technology) and the EV1 (an all electric vehicle) under a big-top tent on McMicken Commons in front of Tangeman University Center.