Transitions is a first-year student experience that uses a "Rites of Passage" curriculum to increase retention and graduation rates for African American students at the University of Cincinnati.
The program assists students with their adjustment to college by providing workshops, mentorships, and other social and academic activities to ensure that all participants successfully adjust to college. Transitions students are connected to faculty, staff, alumni and other members of the university in order to provide a network of support and to provide them means to establish their UC family.
The staff and past graduates of the program consider Transitions to be an important and essential first step on the ladder to success and graduation. If you are interested in applying for membership into the Transitions program, please complete the Transitions Application.
- Retain and Matriculate Black Students
- Nurture and Develop Cultural Foundations
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Provide Community Service Opportunities
- Provide Scholarship Opportunities
- Develop an Affinity for the University of Cincinnati