The Disability Services Office at the University of Cincinnati will serve as the premier program for students with disabilities by fostering an environment that places independence, inclusion, and success at its core.
The Disability Services Office is dedicated to empowering students with disabilities through the delivery of reasonable accommodations and support services by bridging post-secondary education with future real-world experiences.
Students with disabilities who need academic accommodations or other specialized services while attending UC will receive reasonable accommodations to meet their individual needs as well as advocacy assistance on disability-related issues. We are strongly committed to maintaining an environment that guarantees students with disabilities full access to educational programs, activities, and facilities.
In addition to academic accommodations in the classroom, students, faculty, or staff are encouraged to use the Adaptive Technology lab in 408 Langsam, next to the STRC editing suites.
To ensure timely implementation of academic accommodations:
- Make your request as soon as your disability is confirmed.
- Make your request at least eight (8) weeks before the quarter begins.
- Please request interpreters or real-time captioning at least two (2) weeks prior to a program or event.
Disability Services Office Location & Hours
210 University Pavilion
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm
E-mail: Disability Services
- Michael Southern, Program Director
- Matthew Sauer, Ph.D., Accommodation Coordinator
- Katherine Vance, MS, Interpreter / CART Coordinator
- Lindsey Nikels, MS, Interpreter
- Sue Loperato, Transcriptionist / CART Writer
- Ronald Rateau, Assistive Technology Specialist
- Mitchell Jones, MS, Graduate Assistant
- Rick Baker, Student Assistant