Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Am I eligible to receive services from your office?

A. If you are an active student at the University of Cincinnati or any of its branch campuses and you have a documented disability which significantly impacts your education, you are eligible to receive services from our office. Your specific accommodations will depend on the nature of your disability and its impact.

Q. How do I sign up for accommodations with Disability Services?

A. To sign up with the Disability Services Office and begin receiving necessary accommodations, you should first have a documented disability from a healthcare professional. Our office needs to have a copy of your documentation. You should schedule an intake interview with one of our intake coordinators who will guide you through the rest of the process.

Q. Do I have to disclose my disability to my professors?

A. To receive accommodations and services, you must have your professor(s) sign your accommodation form each quarter. However, the nature of your disability is not listed on the form.

Q. I have a co-op within my degree program. Do employers have to know about my disability? Do they have to sign my accommodations form?

A. It is your option to disclose your disability or not. Depending on the nature of your disability (e.g., physical or mobility-related), it may be beneficial to inform future employers to ensure there are appropriate accommodations in the workplace. Co-op employers do not need to sign accommodation forms.

Q. Is my disability noted on my transcripts?

A. Neither your disability nor your status as a disability services student is noted on your transcript.