Academic Coaching Positions
GRADUATE ASSISTANT - ACADEMIC COACHING
The Learning Assistance Center (LAC) is hiring for a 12-month Graduate Assistant appointment to support academic coaching and first-year success initiatives within the LAC. Additional position details can be found in the Position Description below, including stipend, tuition waiver, and professional development funding opportunities associated with the position.
Applicant materials will be reviewed until the position is filled, and materials (a CV/resume and cover letter) can be submitted directly to William Neater (William.Neater@uc.edu).
Academic Coaches are selected from among the most accomplished of UC students. They come from colleges across the university and are ready to aid students with a variety of majors. Coaches meet with UC students to determine student strengths and weaknesses in academic settings. Coaches are then responsible for preparing individualized responses, exercises, and references to address student needs during paid preparation periods.
Coaches may also be required to give oral presentations to student classes and organizations around campus.
Coaching schedules will coordinate with coaches' curricular and extracurricular activities, but coaches must be available for some trainings and meetings.
Required Application Materials:
- Completed LAC Student Employment Application.
- Two reference letters
- All materials are due no later than April 4th.
Detailed Instructions for Submitting Letters of Recommendation:
- Students should solicit letters from UC faculty or staff who have seen the student's academic, leadership, and communication skills.
- Letter writers will submit their recommendation to applicants in a signed and sealed envelope, or they may submit their recommendations via campus mail or email (address below).
- References should not include personal or family friends, supervisors from non-relevant employment, or other UC students.
- Letters of reference that are not submitted directly to applicants should be sent to Bill Neater, Learning Assistance Center, French Hall West, Suite 2441, ML: 0221.
- Emailed letters should be submitted to email@example.com.
- After initial review of the materials, competitive applicants will then be contacted for an interview
Competitive Coaching Applicants will have:
- A minimum of a 3.5 GPA. The average GPA is well-above this minimum
- At least one full year at UC (upon beginning coaching)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (as determined by the coaching coordinator and professional references)
- Excellent self-motivation and organization skills (as determined by the coaching coordinator and professional references)
- Availability of at least 6 hours per week, with fewer than 24 hours of on campus, hourly employment across all positions