Peer Tutoring Positions
Peer Tutors are high-achieving UC students who are interested in providing academic support to their fellow students. Tutors are recruited from colleges across the university to provide assistance in a wide range of courses.
Peer Tutor Qualifications*:
- Minimum one year of college completed, must have completed at least one full semester at UC
- Earn and maintain at least a 3.3 University GPA and 3.0 Term GPA each semester
- Earned at least a B+ in courses wishing to tutor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (to be determined by the Tutoring Coordinator)
*Qualifications must be met at the time employment begins.
- Facilitate tutoring sessions with UC students (multiple locations on main campus)
- Attend all scheduled tutoring sessions on time and be prepared to assist the student as required
- Provide a safe space for students to learn and make mistakes using strategies learned through Peer Tutor training workshops
- Attend trainings as required to continually develop tutoring skills
- Maintain a professional attitude about matters such as class standards, grades, and other student complaints
- Model appropriate professional attitudes and behaviors to all UC staff, faculty, and students
- Act as a representative for the Peer Tutoring program on campus
Peer Tutor Application Instructions:
- Download and complete the Peer Tutor Application.
- Download the Academic Reference Form, complete applicant and course information, and send to two (2) references; request that references be returned in a sealed envelope or be forwarded directly to the Peer Tutoring Program.
- Your recommenders may submit the Reference Forms directly to the Learning Assistance Center; however, it is best to have the Reference Forms submitted at with the other application materials to ensure a complete application file is submitted.
- Submit application, resume, and two (2) completed reference forms to the Learning Assistance Center, Attn: Peer Tutoring Program.