Peer Tutoring Positions
Peer Tutors are high-achieving UC students who are interested in providing academic support to their fellow students. Tutors are recruited from colleges across the university to provide assistance in a wide range of courses.
Peer Tutor Qualifications*:
- Minimum one year of college completed, must have completed at least one full semester at UC
- Earn and maintain at least a 3.3 University GPA and 3.0 Term GPA each semester
- Earned at least a B+ in courses wishing to tutor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (to be determined by the Tutoring Coordinator)
*Qualifications must be met at the time employment begins.
- Facilitate tutoring sessions with UC students (multiple locations on main campus)
- Attend all scheduled tutoring sessions on time and be prepared to assist the student as required
- Provide a safe space for students to learn and make mistakes using strategies learned through Peer Tutor training workshops
- Attend trainings as required to continually develop tutoring skills
- Maintain a professional attitude about matters such as class standards, grades, and other student complaints
- Model appropriate professional attitudes and behaviors to all UC staff, faculty, and students
- Act as a representative for the Peer Tutoring program on campus
Questions about the Peer Tutoring program, position availabilities, or the application process should be directed to Rebecca Elliott.
Peer Tutor Application Instructions:
The application for Spring 2018 is now open.
1. Complete the LAC Student Employment Application
2. Download the Academic Reference Form, complete applicant and course information, and send to two (2) references; request that references be returned in a sealed envelope or be forwarded directly to 2441 French Hall West ML: 0221. Forms can also be returned digitally to email@example.com
To view this PDF document, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download.