Peer Tutoring Positions
Peer Tutors are high-achieving UC students who are interested in providing academic support to their fellow students. Tutors are recruited from colleges across the university to provide assistance in a wide range of courses.
Peer Tutor Qualifications:
- Minimum sophomore standing is required, must have completed at least one full term at UC
- A University GPA of 3.3 or above is required. Peer Tutors must maintain a 3.3 University GPA and a 3.0 Term GPA in order to remain eligible for employment
- A grade of B+ or above in the selected courses is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (to be determined by the Tutoring Coordinator) are required
- Facilitate tutoring sessions with UC students (multiple locations on main campus)
- Attend all scheduled tutoring sessions on time and be prepared to assist the student as required
- Provide a safe space for students to learn and make mistakes using strategies learned through the Peer Tutor training workshop
- Attend trainings as required to continually develop tutoring skills
- Maintain a professional attitude about matters such as class standards, grades, and other student complaints
- Model appropriate professional attitudes and behaviors to all UC staff, faculty, and students
- Act as a representative for the Peer Tutoring program on campus
Peer Tutor Application Instructions:
- Download and complete the Peer Tutor Application.
- Download the Peer Tutoring Reference Form, complete applicant and course information, and send to three (3) references; request that references be returned in a sealed envelope or be forwarded directly to the Peer Tutoring Program.
- You may submit your application packet without the reference forms; however, it is best to have the reference forms included. Applications will not be reviewed until all materials have been submitted.
- Submit application, resume, and three (3) completed reference forms to the Learning Assistance Center, Attn: Peer Tutoring Program.
The LAC will continue to accept applications for tutoring positions throughout the remainder of the semester.
We are seeking tutors for the following courses:
- All Physics
- All Math
- Computer Science