Omega Delta Sigma - Ohio Beta
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR STUDENTS RETURNING SUMMER SEMESTER (15US):
- VPS Benefits Form (2015-2016 Academic Year)
- Signed Schedule from program advisor verifying on the schedule which classes are required for the degree. Any time you make a change after submitting your schedule you must submit a new signed schedule.
- NEEDS ON SCHEDULE:
- Advisor Signature, Printed Name, and Office Phone number
- Advisor’s Annotation, in writing, stating which classes are REQUIRED or NOT REQUIRED (N/A) for degree completion/graduation
**Students who are non-matriculated and not in a degree program are still REQUIRED to have their schedules signed by the advisor of the future program they will be officially matriculating into. Remember, the policy allows you to have 2 academic semesters to declare “non-matriculated” status and be certified for VA Educational Benefits. You are required to be matriculated into a degree program after 2 semesters.
**ONLY EXEMPTION FROM THIS POLICY: Students enrolled in a Distance Learning Program.
FIRST TIME/NEW STUDENTS USING VA EDUCATION BENEFITS AT UC:
Please visit our website: www.uc.edu/veterans and follow these instructions:
1. Click the red link in the middle of the page titled “Click Application for Benefits to get started”.
2. Please follow Steps #1-9, and it will provide you with information on how to start using your benefits at UC.
Important Reminders for All:
CHECK YOUR STUDENT EMAIL FREQUENTLY.
The earliest you should expect to receive your first monthly benefit payment is the end of May, covering (05/11/15-05/31/15).
(If you have been certified, VA will not pay the book/supply money or tuition and fees for Chpt. #33 recipients prior to 04/27/15 for the standard Spring Sem.)
If you are taking Hybrid classes, please be aware that VA considers these to be "distance learning" classes for certification purposes, which can impact your VA pay.
If you are planning on using TA and 1606/1607 please contact our office immediately, as there have been recent changes to the usage policy.
NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY IF:
- YOU CHANGED YOUR SCHEDULE – Notify us either through email (email@example.com) or phone (513-556-6811).
- REQUIRED: submit an updated schedule signed and annotated by your program advisor that states which are required for degree.
- YOU CHANGED DEGREE PROGRAM/MAJOR/UC COLLEGE
- REQUIRED: updated VPS Benefits form to declare updated degree/major
- YOU ARE NOT USING VA BENEFITS SPRING SEMESTER
- We certify your enrollment to VA for both fall and spring semester. To avoid overpayment to VA, contact us immediately.
- YOU ARE ENROLLED IN FLEX-TERM CLASSES
- REQUIRED: Be sure instructor posts final grade to the UC database within 10 days from the end date of “Flex” class to avoid creating a possible debt with VA for the class.
- Remember, VA only pays out tuition and fees/book stipend/monthly housing allowance for the time between the begin/end dates of each flex class. Tuition/Fee payments usually reflect on the student bill 7-10 days before the begin date of each flex class. Please keep in mind the dates mentioned and plan accordingly.
- YOU PLAN TO WAIVE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE
- Contact Jill Cochran with VETSUCCESS
- YOU ARE USING VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION BENEFITS – please notify our office to verify your #1905 Authorization form is up-to-date to avoid a delay in your certification.
- YOU PLAN TO CO-OP/STUDY ABROAD/CHANGE VA CHAPTER/ENROLL IN UC POLICE ACADAMY
- VA usually does NOT pay benefits towards study abroad – needs to be required for graduation/degree.
- If want VA pay for CO-OP – you are REQUIRED to contact our office to complete the CO-OP form and submit a signed schedule.
- Final grades for CO-OP registration must be posted to UC’s database by the end of the standard semester (08/12/2015 for Summer, 2015). VA won’t pay for “SP” grades.
- YOU ARE STILL IN-SERVICE, IN AN ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAM OR ENROLLED FOR LESS THAN 1/2 TIME ENROLLMENT RATE - contact us each term, once you’ve finalized your enrollment, to be certified for the following term. (Inservice students and students registered for less than ½ time enrollment cannot be sent to VA until the first day of their classes.)
- YOU ARE AN IN-SERVICE STUDENT AND PLAN TO RECEIVE "TA" FOR SUMMER
- YOU ARE ADDING/ DROPPING/ WITHDRAWING FROM CLASSES
- Please visit the “Summer 2015 Dates & Deadlines Calendar”: http://onestop.uc.edu/calendars.html
- To avoid potential VA overpayments, you need to be aware of the last day to add/drop classes with 100% refund. VA will NOT pay for any classes where you receive a “W” (Withdrawal).
- YOU WILL GRADUATE AT THE END OF SUMMER SEMESTER, 2015
- YOU ARE A Jr. & Sr. MD STUDENT - we’ll also need a copy of your clinical rotation schedule for Fall.
GRADES FOR 14FS:
Students can view their grades through the UC One-Stop site. Remember:“UW, X, W, WX, SP, NP, UP, NG”, and Graduate level “I” grades may create a debt with VA. (“SP” and “NG” grades are acceptable grades for courses titled “Thesis” or “Dissertation Research” as long as final grades are posted in a timely manner once the study is completed and before the student leaves UC.
Helpful Links and Updates
- We are now on Campuslink!
- Make The Connection - shared experiences and support for veterans