Omega Delta Sigma - Ohio Beta
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR STUDENTS RETURNING FALL SEMESTER (14FS):
- VPS Benefits Form (2014-2015 Academic Year)
- Signed Schedule from program advisor verifying on the schedule which classes are required for the degree. Any time you make a change after submitting your schedule you must submit a new signed schedule.
- NEEDS ON SCHEDULE:
- Advisor Signature, Printed Name, and Office Phone number
- Advisor’s Annotation, in writing, stating which classes are REQUIRED or NOT REQUIRED (N/A) for degree completion/graduation
**Students who are non-matriculated and not in a degree program are still REQUIRED to have their schedules signed by the advisor of the future program they will be officially matriculating into. Remember, the policy allows you to have 2 academic semesters to declare “non-matriculated” status and be certified for VA Educational Benefits. You are required to be matriculated into a degree program after 2 semesters.
**ONLY EXEMPTION FROM THIS POLICY: Students enrolled in a Distance Learning Program.
FIRST TIME/NEW STUDENTS USING VA EDUCATION BENEFITS AT UC:
Please visit our website: www.uc.edu/veterans and follow these instructions:
1. Click the red link in the middle of the page titled “Click Application for Benefits to get started”.
2. Please follow Steps #1-9, and it will provide you with information on how to start using your benefits at UC.
Important Reminders for All:
CHECK YOUR STUDENT EMAIL FREQUENTLY.
The earliest you should expect to receive your first monthly benefit payment is the end of September, covering (08/25/14-09/30/14).
(VA will not pay the book/supply money or tuition and fees for Chpt. #33 recipients prior to 08/11/14 for the standard Fall Sem.
NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY IF:
- YOU CHANGED YOUR SCHEDULE – Notify us either through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (513-556-6811).
- REQUIRED: submit an updated schedule signed and annotated by your program advisor that states which are required for degree.
- YOU CHANGED DEGREE PROGRAM/MAJOR/UC COLLEGE
- REQUIRED: updated VPS Benefits form to declare updated degree/major
- YOU ARE NOT USING VA BENEFITS SPRING SEMESTER
- We certify your enrollment to VA for both fall and spring semester. To avoid overpayment to VA, contact us immediately.
- YOU ARE ENROLLED IN FLEX-TERM CLASSES
- REQUIRED: Be sure instructor posts final grade to the UC database within 10 days from the end date of “Flex” class to avoid creating a possible debt with VA for the class.
- Remember, VA only pays out tuition and fees/book stipend/monthly housing allowance for the time between the begin/end dates of each flex class. Tuition/Fee payments usually reflect on the student bill 7-10 days before the begin date of each flex class. Please keep in mind the dates mentioned and plan accordingly.
- YOU PLAN TO WAIVE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE
- Contact Jill Cochran with VETSUCCESS
- YOU ARE USING VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION BENEFITS – please notify our office to verify your #1905 Authorization form is up-to-date to avoid a delay in your certification.
- YOU PLAN TO CO-OP/STUDY ABROAD/CHANGE VA CHAPTER/ENROLL IN UC POLICE ACADAMY
- VA usually does NOT pay benefits towards study abroad – needs to be required for graduation/degree.
- If want VA pay for CO-OP – you are REQUIRED to contact our office to complete the CO-OP form and submit a signed schedule.
- Final grades for CO-OP registration must be posted to UC’s database by the end of the standard semester (12/17/2014 for Fall, 2014). VA won’t pay for “SP” grades.
- YOU ARE STILL IN-SERVICE, IN AN ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAM OR ENROLLED FOR LESS THAN 1/2 TIME ENROLLMENT RATE - contact us each term, once you’ve finalized your enrollment, to be certified for the following term. (Inservice students and students registered for less than ½ time enrollment cannot be sent to VA until the first day of their classes.)
- YOU ARE AN IN-SERVICE STUDENT AND PLAN TO RECEIVE "TA" FOR FALL
- YOU ARE ADDING/ DROPPING/ WITHDRAWING FROM CLASSES
- Please visit the “Fall 2014 Dates & Deadlines Calendar”: http://onestop.uc.edu/calendars.html
- To avoid potential VA overpayments, you need to be aware of the last day to add/drop classes with 100% refund. VA will NOT pay for any classes where you receive a “W” (Withdrawal).
- YOU WILL GRADUATE AT THE END OF FALL SEMESTER, 2014
- YOU ARE A Jr. & Sr. MD STUDENT - we’ll also need a copy of your clinical rotation schedule for Fall.
GRADES FOR 14US:
Students can view their grades through the UC One-Stop site on 08/13/14. Remember:“UW, X, W, WX, SP, NP, UP, NG”, and Graduate level “I” grades may create a debt with VA. (“SP” and “NG” grades are acceptable grades for courses titled “Thesis” or “Dissertation Research” as long as final grades are posted in a timely manner once the study is completed and before the student leaves UC.
Helpful Links and Updates
- We are now on Campuslink!
- Make The Connection - shared experiences and support for veterans