Veterans Educational Benefits Area Office Hours
The Veterans Educational Benefits area is available to service students Monday through Friday, between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. Located on the 5th Floor of the University Pavilion, we may be contacted by phone (513-556-6811), by email (email@example.com) or in-person.
Helpful links to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Check the status of your VA benefit claim or appeal or to obtain a copy of your DD214 at www.ebenefits.va.gov
- Post-9/11 G.I. Bill information is available at www.gibill.va.gov
- Hot topics and the latest news is available at www.va.gov
Information for drawing benefits at University of Cincinnati for the first time!
- Statement of Understanding Form
- Applying for Non-Chapter 33 Veteran Educational Benefits
- Applying for Post-9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33) Veteran Educational Benefits
- Required Documents for 1st-Time VA Benefits Users
- Orientation Presentation
Quick clicks for continuing students drawing benefits
- Annual Declaration of VA Benefits Use
- UC Promissory Note (Chapter #33 only)
- Applying for Yellow Ribbon Program Benefits
- Flex Class Grades
- Non-Required Course Form
Verifying Monthly Enrollment
After you have been certified for benefits, you must verify your monthly enrollment (selected chapters) to continue those benefits. Review the details describing how this can be done through either the VA's online WAVE system or by telephone.
Avoiding Overpayment of VA Educational Benefits
Overpayment of educational benefits occurs when you receive an incorrect benefit payment that is more than what you are entitled to receive. Such overpayment will have serious consequenses for your current and future VA benefits. Details are available here.
Direct Deposit of VA Funds
The Veterans Administration now offers direct deposit to students receiving benefits under several chapters. Details are available here.
"The Ohio G.I. Promise" and Ohio Residency For-Tuition-Purposes
Veterans of the U.S. Armed Services, their spouses, and dependents, may qualify for immediate classification as Ohio residents for-tuition-purposes. Review the Ohio G.I. Promise eligibility criteria and, if appropriate, submit an application.