Required Documentation for Certification

Every chapter is REQUIRED to complete the following in order to draw benefits for any term at UC:

  1. VPS Benefits Form
  2. Hard copy of finalized schedule signed and annotated by your advisor saying which classes are required for degree.

IMPORTANT: You MUST first save the PDF and then open with Adobe Reader to complete. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, you can download it here.

Chapter #1606 (Reserve/Guard Member)

Chapter #1607 (REAP)

Chapter #30 (Montgomergy G.I. Bill)

Chapter #31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
For Veterans with the Required % VA Vocational Disability Rating

  • A copy of your VA Authorization (form #28-1905) from your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor is needed a minimum offour to six (4-6) weeks prior to the 1st day of classes for the requested benefits term.
  • Once the VPS Office has received this form for students who are using Chapter #31 benefits at UC for the first time, the student must contact our office to provide some basic background data and will need to attend an information session with our staff if the student is pursuing an on-campus program. 

    Students pursuing UC distance learning programs must have their counselor contact our office for benfits certification process details  before we will certify the student's enrollment.  These students will be emailed information and required forms for certification for these off-campus programs.

Chapter #33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill)
For Students Who Are the Servicemembers

  • It is preferred, but not required for students to submit a copy of their "Certificate of Eligibility" (COE) letter.

Chapter #33 TEB (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill)
For Students Who Had Benefits Transferred to Them By the Veteran

  • It is preferred, but not required for students to submit a copy of their "Certificate of Eligibility" (COE) letter.

Chapter #35
For Dependents of 100% Permanently-Disabled Veterans or Deceased Veterans; Disability or Death Must Be Service-Connected

  • We must have your VA file number and suffix on file.  Phone VA (1-888-GIBILL-1) with the veteran's social security number to obtain your VA Chapter # 35 file number, if necessary.

Restart Questionnaire

Restarting After Skipping a Traditional (Fall or Spring) Semester

Miscellaneous Documents That May Be Required for All Students

  • Students in Distance Learning (-DL) programs must complete the additional paperwork for these programs which will be sent to your UC email address.
  • Students with prior college study, CLEP credit, or AP Credit will need this previous study evaluated by their current program advisor. This will be done by submitting a Prior Study Evaluation Form to your college office. 
  • Our office will email the student this required evaluation form once a file is established for the student in our office.
  • Students with military training or study (Joint Service Transcript/ military experience transcript) have the option to submit these transcripts for evaluation, but are not required to.
  • Students may be emailed other required paperwork, specific to the individual status.