Office of the BursarUniversity of CincinnatiDivision of Administration and FinanceOffice of the Bursar

Office of the Bursar

Paying Your Bill

Before students can register for classes they are required to acknowledge and accept responsibility to pay for all enrolled classes.  Payments must be in U.S. Dollars drawn on a U.S. bank to be fully credited to the account.  Payments in other currencies or drawn on a non-U.S. bank may not be posted immediately and will be posted for an amount adjusted for conversion rates and bank fees.

Bills are due 5 days before the term starts.  There are no adjustments for national or UC holidays.

Please know that the student bill is a dynamic bill representing charges and credits, including aid and loans, for a term as of the time it is viewed on-line. In most cases the bill will automatically reflect a change in enrollment. Generally room and board charges will post to your bill approximately 7 weeks prior to the start of a term. Additional details about room and board charges can be found on the housing website ( Please direct questions about room and board to Housing & Food Services via email at

There are many methods of bill payment available to you. The list below includes links to more details for each method. Additional information may also be found in Frequently Asked Questions. Bills may be paid:

In Person

To pay your bills in person bring your check or money order payments to the Cashier’s Office deposit safe. DO NOT deposit CASH. The deposit safe is located on the second floor of the University Pavilion, next to One Stop Student Services. To make a payment, simply enclose your payment in the deposit envelope provided at the safe’s door in the slot labeled “supplies.”


To pay your bills by mail enclose the bottom portion of the Student Account Statement with payments made by check or money order. DO NOT MAIL CASH. Make checks and money orders payable to the University of Cincinnati. Include the student’s name and UC ID on the check or money order. We have separate addresses for the U.S. Postal Service and other courier services. Choose the appropriate address depending on which service you are using to deliver your mail.

Where to pay

Online payment

Go to One Stop Student Center under MY BILL and select "view/pay my bill." 

For the U.S. Postal Service send your payment to:

University of Cincinnati
PO Box 932605
Cleveland, OH 44193

For other courier services such as FedEx or UPS send your payment to:

University of Cincinnati
Box 932605
4100 West 150th Street
Cleveland, OH 44135


Returned Payments

A non-refundable $35 service fee will be charged to any student's account for any ACH (eCheck) or credit card payment returned for any reason.

If a student or their authorized payer has three or more returned payments, a registration block may be put on the student's account until their balance is paid in full and check payment privileges will be revoked.

Returned checks will be reversed on a student's account. Any balance remaining will be payable immediately and will be subject to the current late fee policy.

Online Payment - by Electronic Check or Credit Card

To pay your bills by electronic check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover), the university partners with ECSI who makes their product, PaymentSelect, available to you.

To use PaymentSelect go to One Stop Student Service Center under MY BILL select view/pay my bill. Follow the necessary steps to get to your bill. At the bottom of your bill, choose the "pay my bill" button.

Clicking on the "pay my bill" button will take you to a screen where you can choose to pay by eCheck or by one of the above mentioned credit cards. Please note that credit card payments have a 2.5% non-refundable convenience fee.

Parents, grandparents, a spouse, etc. who want to pay their student's bill will need to be established as an authorized payer, which will give them access to their student's bill. Go to One Stop Student Services under My Bill select parent/friend access for detailed instructions for this process.

NOTE: In general, electronic checks and credit card payments made by 7:00 pm will post to the student’s account the following day by 8:00 pm.  Payments made after 7:00 pm will generally post in two days.

EFT/Wire Transfer

For EFT/Wired Payments within the U.S. contact the Cashier’s Office at (513) 556-4252 for UC banking information.

For International EFT/Wired payments UC uses peerTransfer to facilitate these payments saving the student time and money. For more information see our International Wires webpage.

Demand Drafts

The University of Cincinnati will accept Demand Drafts made out to the "University of Cincinnati" drawn on a U.S. Bank in U.S. Dollars. However, if the bank refuses or denies payment for any reason the payment will be reversed and the student will be assessed the $35 returned payment fee, no exceptions.

Please note that payments made via Demand Draft will be held for 30 days or until they clear the bank. No refunds will be issued to the student during this hold period.

Accepting of Demand Drafts is new to UC and we are doing this as a pilot program starting Fall 2013. Be advised that it may be discontinued as a valid form of payment at any time without notice.

Tuition Payment Plan

The tuition payment plan is an excellent option for those who do not want to pay their bill all at one time prior to the start of the term. It is not just a student friendly option, but one that is easy to manage by parents, grandparents, or others who may be paying on behalf of the student.

There is a lot to know about the payment plan and a full page has been designed to give you all the information you need to decide if this is an option for you. It will also guide you through the sign-up process.

To pay your bills by using the interest-free Tuition Payment Plan sign up with Educational Computer Services, Inc. (ECSI) for easy monthly payment installments.

If you are a student, parent, grandparent , or other interested in learning more about the payment plan or signing up for this option, click here.

Sponsored Aid

Sponsored Aid is when a third party such as an employer, former employer, the military, non-profit organization or institution, agency or other organization or institution pays all or some portion of a student’s bill.

To pay your bills by Sponsored Aid you must first determine what type of Sponsored Aid is available to you. There are two types of Sponsored Aid:

  1. Prepaid Sponsored Aid is when the organization sends the university a check in advance of the beginning term, and 
  2. Invoiced or Billed Sponsored Aid is when an organization agrees to pay some or all tuition and fees for one or more students and is notified by invoice or billed by the university when payment is due.  

For further details about these two types of Sponsored Aid go the Prepaid Sponsored Aid or the Invoiced or Billed Sponsored Aid pages.

Employer Reimbursement Payment Plan

When a student's employer is willing to reimburse the student for educational expenses not covered by student loans and other student aid, the student may be eligible for this payment plan. This plan allows students to register for classes and postpone the payment of their employer covered tuition and fees until 3 weeks (21 days) after the end of the term.

There is a $50 fee to use this plan. When using this plan, a credit memo will be posted to the student's account for any unpaid balances not covered by loans and other aid.

To pay your bills by using the Employer Reimbursement Payment Plan the student and the employer need to complete the Employer Reimbursement Payment Plan Authorization Form. Carefully review the conditions that apply to the plan, complete the form, and return it to Student Accounts in the Office of the Bursar by the deadline.

Tuition Remission

To pay your bills by tuition remission the student must be an employee of the university or the dependent child or spouse of an employee of the university.  Information regarding all the details of the university’s tuition remission policy including the necessary application and forms can be found at Human Resource's Tuition Remission site.