Students with outstanding balances at the start of a term are subject to the following collection actions:
- Effective January 2012, late fees are assessed on the last day of each month for outstanding balances. Every past due account is assessed $50 + 1.5% interest each and every month they have a past due balance on the last day of the month. There is a maximum of two (2) terms students will be subject to these late fees before it is turned over for third-party billing or collections.
- Registration and Transcript service blocks prevent students who have a balance due from obtaining their grades, transcripts and being able to register for additional classes.
- Students enrolled in future terms are subject to having their classes administratively canceled for non-payment of their previous balance.
- UC will attempt contacting the student via e-mail, letters and calls. If we are unable to establish a payment plan the account will be referred to our third-party billing service, Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI). ECSI will continue to bill students on UC's behalf. In addition, ECSI will report the outstanding debt to the major credit bureaus and assess a $50/month billing service fee plus 1.5% interest on the outstanding balance. This fee is not waivable or refundable but will be suspended once the student makes, and continues to honor, a mutually agreeable payment plan with UC. ECSI's contact information is:
|Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI)
181 Montour Run Road
Coraopolis, PA 15108
- ECSI will continue to bill on UC's behalf for up to 9 months. At which time ECSI will turn over the account to the Ohio Attorney General's Office (OAG) for collections, as required by state law. Once an account is turned over to the OAG additional fees (10% AG Fee, 3% Interest, 21% Collection Agency Fee, 25% Special Counsel Fee) will be added to the balance due depending on the actions necessary to collect the debt due the University. All payment arrangements must be made through their office. The OAG can be reached at (888) 665-5440.
- Once in collections under no circumstances may a student be allowed to obtain a transcript or enroll at the University until the entire balance due is paid in full.