Building (Custodial) Services
Requesting Facilities Building Services (Housekeeping):
During Regular Office Hours (which are Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm):
- Dial 513-558-2500 to report all Routine and Emergency Building Services Requests.
After Hours (which are: 4:00 pm to 7:30 am; all weekends; and all holidays)
- Report All After-Hours Emergency Building Services Requests by dialing 513-556-1111 to the Communications Center of UC Public Safety and request that they contact and dispatch emergency maintenance response staff.
- Report All After-Hours Routine Building Services Requests by dialing 513-558-2500 to leave a detailed voice message that will be reviewed the next business day.
- Contact the college administrative offices at UC Clermont Campus and UC Blue Ash Campus for service requests.
- All Requests for room access should be made to UC Police at 513-556-1111. Building Services does not perform this function.
The staff of Building Services provides routine cleaning and custodial care to more than 100 UC buildings, totaling nearly 10 million square feet of space. Each building has staff assigned to perform specific service routines, on a scheduled basis including, but not limited to, the baseline services described at the bottom of this page. Building Services does not lock/unlock rooms or buildings. Contact UC Police at 513-556-1111 for all access requests.
Associate Directors for Building Services and their Facility Responsibilities
Academic Health Center
|Uptown Campus West
Contact: Annette Steagall
|Campus Receiving Bldg.
Cardiovascular Research Center
Health Professions Building
Kettering Lab Complex
Medical Science Building
Radiation Safety Laboratory
Surgical Research Unit
Utility Plants, Central & East
Vontz Center for Molecular Studies
Campus Recreation Ctr.
Fifth Third Arena/Shoemaker Center
Lindner Athletic Center
Steger Student Life Center
Stratford Heights Complex
Tangeman University Ctr.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and replenish supplies
- Clean classrooms, auditoriums and labs
- Clean entrance ways
- Clean main stairways
- Empty the All Recycling containers in the public areas of campus, as needed.
Three Times a Week
- Empty trash in designated office areas
Every Other Week
- Damp mop floors
- Vacuum floors
- Dust specific areas as needed, without disturbing any items
- Operate the All Recycling program.
- Scrub, wax, burnish and refinish floors to occur during academic term breaks, where feasible.
- Shampoo carpets/carpet cleaning to occur during academic term breaks, where feasible.
- Window cleaning is contracted out, as funding permits.
- Expenses related to requests for variations in service schedules (i.e., lock outs) are passed on to the requesting department.
- Above-baseline custodial/cleaning services may be requested on a fee-for-service basis, by dialing 513-558-2500.
- All custodial staffing is based on availability. When a shortage of staff exists, areas will be policed.
- The priority standard for cleaning is as follows: restrooms; classrooms; public spaces; and labs. In areas designated as office space, trash will be emptied three (3) times a week, provided staffing is available.
- Custodial staff may only perform duties that are specifically listed in their job classification.
- Due to the sensitivity of equipment, at no time will custodial staff clean computers, monitors, and their related work station equipment, tables and desks.
- Room and building access requests should be made to UC Police at 513-556-1111. Building Services does not perform this function.