Important Changes to the UC*Metro Program
for Fall Semester 2012
Effective Monday, August 27, 2012
All UC Metro Program photo fare cards will now be issued for each academic semester rather than for each academic quarter. Each semester, UC students and employees must register online to receive their new semester fare card. Students and employees must possess a valid UC Photo ID card before they may receive a fare card.
A. UC* Metro Fare Card Terms
- The registration price will increase for the UC*Metro Fare Card to cover the longer semester time period.
- The student registration price will increase to $53 per semester.
- The employee registration price will increase to $160 per semester.
- Riders will no longer pay the $0.25 Zone 1 cash drop.
- Effective 8/27/12, the UC*Metro Fare Card will be valid for the $1.75 fare currently charged by Metro to the general public for Zone 1 travel.
- Unchanged and Continuing Terms:
- When riding in Zones 2 through 5, all UC*Metro Fare Card holders will continue to pay additional Zone Fees as a cash drop, ranging from $0.90 per ride for travel in Zone 2 to $2.50 per ride for Zone 5 travel.
- Transfers may not be purchased or used with the UC*Metro Fare Card.
B. EZ Ride Fare Card Terms – All Terms are Unchanged and Continuing
- There will continue to be no charge to register for the EZ Ride Fare Card.
- EZ Ride Fare Card Holders will continue to pay a $1.00 cash drop for all Metro travel. EZ Ride Fare Card Holders will not pay additional Zone Fees when traveling in Zones 2 through 5.
- EZ Ride Fare Card Holders will continue to have the option to purchase a $0.50 transfer, as needed.
C. For Academic Year 2012/2013, the following dates will apply: