GREEN TO GOLD SCHOLARSHIP OPTION
A SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM DESIGNED FOR YOU
- Scholarships are awarded for two, three, or four years.
- Soldiers with two years of college remaining to complete their degree are considered for two-year scholarships.
- Soldiers with three years of college remaining to complete their degree are considered for three-year scholarships.
- Soldiers without college credit who require four years to complete their degree are considered for four-year scholarships.
Green to Gold Scholarship Option winners receive:
- Tuition or room and board support
- Additional money for textbooks, supplies, and equipment.
- A monthly stipend for up to 10 months each school year that increases each year based on your Military Science Class.
- Pay for attending the Leader Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) between the junior and senior years of college.
- If qualified, Montgomery G.I. Bill / Army College Fund (MGIB/ACF) benefits.
- Additionally, many colleges and universities offer incentives to scholarship winners. The Professor of Military Science (PMS) at your college of choice can provide further information on what is available at the school.
In addition to the financial incentives, Soldiers receive additional benefits as ROTC Cadets. These benefits include:
- Leadership training
- Responsibility and Practical Experience
- Mentorship of the PMS/APMS
- U.S. Citizen (non-waiverable)
- Age - Be under 31 years of age on 31 December of the year you complete all requirements for a commission and a college baccalaureate degree. This is a statutory requirement and there are no waivers authorized.
- Cannot have been convicted of a Domestic Violence Crime
- Have a minimum of 2 years Active Duty as well as 3 months of Active Duty for every one month of specialized training (waiver can be requested)
- GT score of 110 or greater
- Pass the APFT within the last 6 months with score of 180 or higher, minimum of 60 points in each event
- Be a High School Graduate or equivalent
- Cumulative High School or College GPA of 2.5
- Letter of Acceptance to School of Choice offering Army ROTC
- Letter of Acceptance from the PMS of that Army ROTC Battalion
- Favorable National Agency Check (or have initiated the action)
- DODMERB Medical Qualification
- Be eligible to Reenlist
- Not be a conscientious objector
- No more than 3 dependents including spouse (waiverable)
APPLY ONLINE FOR THE GREEN TO GOLD PROGRAM
To pursue one of the Green to Gold programs, click below to create a MY GOARMY account or log in with an existing account. After creating an account, return to this page to login and start the application.
DUE TO BUDGETARY CONSTRAINTS, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, THERE WILL NO LONGER BE A NOVEMBER BOARD FOR THE GREEN TO GOLD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM. ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WILL BE HELD OVER FOR THE FALL 2013 BOARD.
GREEN TO GOLD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THEY ARE REQUESTING ADMISSION TO THEIR SCHOOL OF CHOICE TO BEGIN IN THE 2013 FALL SEMESTER.
ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE GREEN TO GOLD PROGRAM MANAGER AT firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 624-6937.
Already a member? Log In
To check the status of your application Click Here.