General Education assessment permeates through the curriculum of all undergraduate programs. Click on a heading below to examine that process, as well as our findings.
- Faculty assess undergraduate seniors in their capstone course. The University compiles and reports the results here.
- Click here to view a sample of the survey used
- Using our eCurriculum system, faculty at UC report how the content and assessment within each academic course address the GenEd Baccalaureate Competencies. Next, all academic programs indicate their required courses. eCurriculum generates an audit to display how the program's required courses address the Baccalaureate Competencies.
- All undergraduate academic programs require a capstone course/experience.
- The General Education Coordinating Committee has transformed the definitions of the four Baccalaureate Competencies and information literacy into General Education Core Templates Rubrics.
- Data from the capstone assessment will be reviewed in annual college assessment meetings. These meetings will offer an opportunity for the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Affairs to meet with an appropriate mix of college faculty and administrators to generate ideas for continuous program improvement.
- Integrated Core Learning is the essence of undergraduate learning at UC, reflecting our strengths as one of the nation's top urban research institutions. It's the thoughtful mixing of top-notch academics with real world experiences. What is the result? A learning experience that is exceptionally self-directed, interdisciplinary, global, and in short, transformational.
- Integrated Core Learning Webpage