What are some of the advantages of Direct Deposit?
- Generally, the funds are deposited in your bank account in 2-3 business days.
- Mailing address problems are eliminated.
- You do not have to wait for the university to go through the process of printing, folding, and stuffing envelopes.
- You do not have to wait for the mail service to deliver your check.
There is protection against check theft or loss. All stop payments on checks are assessed a $25 fee and replacement of lost or stolen checks can take 2 weeks.
- You do not have to stand in line at your bank to deposit or cash your check.
- Students that request a stop pay on a refund check that they have not yet received, may have the fee waived if they enroll in direct deposit.
Can a direct deposit be made to any bank?
The university can direct deposit to any U.S. financial institution with electronic funds transfer capabilities as most banks participate in the electronic funds transfer network. Contact your bank if you have any questions about the bank’s ability to accept direct deposit.
How will I know when funds have been deposited in my bank account?
Notification will be sent to your university assigned e-mail account.
What if I do not have a bank account?
If you do not have a bank account, you have the option to sign up for one through our campus banking partner, PNC Bank. You can contact them at:
University of Cincinnati
2766 UC MainStreet
Tangeman University Center #301
Phone: (513) 569-4190 or (800) 762-2265
Fax: (513) 569-4194
How do I enroll?
To set up direct deposit as a student, go to One Stop Student Services under "Billing, Payments & Refunds" then select “direct deposit my refunds”.
Can parents get their PLUS Loan refunds through Direct Deposit?
Parents who have Federal Plus Loans can sign up to have their refunds direct deposited, once your student has assigned you access privileges and you have the necessary UC credentials, which include an UCID, UDERNAME, and PASSWORD. To learn more about getting access privileges and your UC credentials go to “Parent Credentials and Access”. Once you have these you may then sign up for direct deposit using the Parent Portal.
Note: Keep in mind that parents only receive loan refunds if their loan amount is greater than the student's bill.