UC Employee Rec Rewards Reimbursement Program
UC employees who are members of Campus Recreation are eligible to receive a $26.66-a-month reimbursement for membership fees. This program rewards members for using the Campus Recreation facilities at least eight (8) days per month.
To be eligible for the membership reimbursement program, you must:
- Be a benefits-eligible employee of the University of Cincinnati
- Be a current, primary Campus Recreation member
- Complete an initial health assessment
- Complete a follow-up health assessment when contacted via email to do so (6 months to a year into the program)
Only a primary UC employee membership is eligible for reimbursement.
- Check-in at Member Services to workout at the Campus Recreation Center (CRC) or Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley (FC) at least eight (8) days each month to receive reimbursement. Only one check-in per day will count towards the total days.
- Monthly $26.66 reimbursements will appear on a qualifying members' paycheck. There will be a delay between the month during which a member exercises and the month in which he or she receives the reward. For example, members completing the required number of visits in February will have their paycheck credited in March (March 31 for monthly paid employees, and second March paycheck for biweekly paid employees).
Please note: The membership reimbursement ($26.66 per applicable month) provided by the university constitutes taxable income, and will be subject to federal, state and local taxes applicable in each employee’s situation.
View Your Visits Online!
Members can view their visits each month to make sure they are on track to get at least 8! Check out the online portal here. If this is your first time logging in, instruction can be found on our website here.
All participants in the program will be required to do an initial health assessment upon sign-up and a follow-up health assessment at 6 months to a year into the program. All assessments are provided for free by Campus Recreation staff. Assessments will continue on an annual basis.
Information collected during the health assessment will include: birth date, gender, exercise frequency, smoking status, height, weight, blood pressure, heart rate, body fat percentage and BMI. This information will be collected by Campus Recreation Staff and stored within the member management software. Individual data will not be shared with anyone outside of Campus Recreation staff. All participants agree to the release of this information to the university as stated above.
Schedule Your Health Assessment
To schedule an initial health assessment, please stop in or call the Member Services desk:
- Campus Recreation Center (West Campus): 513-556-0604
- Fitness Center @ CARE/Crawley (East/Medical Campus): 513-558-0604
- Schedule your appointment via the MyMemberServices portal. If you need to setup an account, please follow the instructions here by clicking “Do not have a login?” and following the instructions. To schedule, once logged into the portal, click on the “Schedule Services” button and choose Rec Rewards RE Assessment.
Appointments will be available during most operating hours, please call to check availability and schedule
Please bring your UC ID with you and plan to arrive early to complete paperwork. Anticipated time for completion of assessment is 15-30 minutes.