Campus Recreation

Campus Recreation


Facility Information

What is the Mission and Vision of the Campus Recreation Center?
The mission of Campus Recreation is to provide excellent and financially responsible programs and services to a student, employee, and community membership base. The vision of Campus Recreation is to be a key component of the vibrant and welcoming university campus that exceeds customer expectations and positions itself to support its future financial needs.

Is the Campus Recreation Center open on Holidays?
We have modified hours on all holidays observed by the university.  Please be sure to check the website or call Member Services to learn of alternate hours due to a holiday.

What are the CRC Climbing wall hours of operation?
Please find up to date facility hours here.

Where are the CRC classrooms?
Although CRC classrooms are located in the same building as the Rec Center, they are not inside the Rec Center.  By taking the steps located off of the Main Street Passageway you will have access to all classrooms located in the CRC.  

How many laps equal a mile on the suspended track at the CRC?
The suspended track is 1/8 of a mile; one must run 8 laps to equal one mile.

climbing wall

Why can’t I bring Gatorade into the facilities?
Any drink other than water can cause substantial damage to the machines, and this is why Campus Recreation’s rules and regulations state that only water is allowed in the facility. 

Do athletes practice at the CRC?
The only varsity team that uses this facility for practices and/or meets is the swimming and diving team.  The pools remain open during their practices with lanes available for members; any closure for meets will be posted in advance. 

Can I enter/exit through the glass doors at the Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley?
The glass doors are for emergency use only, the alarm will sound if they are opened.

Why is the lighting so poor in a new facility?

The architect’s office is aware of the lighting issues in the building. They have teamed up with experts in the field of lighting/engineering and are currently working on solutions to the problem.

Is there an on-site EMT or Trainer?
No, however to combat the lack of an EMT or an on-sight trainer, all staff members in leadership positions are required to be CPR, AED and First Aid certified. Our vicinity to the local hospitals and our emergency action plan help us respond to all emergencies as quickly as possible.

Information Regarding IDs

I forgot my UC/CRC ID, can I still come into the Recreation Center?
Members are allowed to use an alternate form of photo-identification (i.e. driver’s license, passport, etc.) up to three times per semester.
If a student has lost their UC ID, he/she must obtain a new ID from Public Safety for a fee.  If a member has lost their CRC ID, he/she will need to purchase a new ID from Campus Recreation for a $10 fee.

I am a student and/or faculty member; can you print me a new UC ID if mine is lost, stolen or damaged?
Campus Recreation is not permitted to print UC IDs.  If your UC ID is lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to go to Public Safety in order to acquire a new ID.

Information Regarding Membership, Student, and Guest Access

member services

I am a part-time student; can I still have access to the facility?
Since part time students only pay a portion of the Campus Life Fee, there is a $60/semester charge to enter the facility. 

I am a branch student/Co-Op student; can I still have access to the facility?
Since branch students and Co-Op students do not pay the Campus Life Fee, there is an $120/semester charge to enter the facility.

What are my options for summer since I am on Medical School quarters?
Access to the CRC for Medical Students is based on the Medical School semesters.  Access is granted from the Sunday before classes begin until the Saturday before the next term begins.  Summer memberships can be purchased for $99 or $10 a week until classes begin in August.

I would like to bring my kids and a couple of their friends in to swim.  What do I need to do?
Please be sure to have the parents of your kids' friends sign waivers to bring with you to the Member Services Desk.  Each guest pass is $10 and you will need an ID and a waiver if you haven't already signed one.

I would like to bring a guest to the Recreation Center or Fitness Center, is there a fee?
All guests are welcome at the Campus Recreation Center and the Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley.   A guest accompanied by a member will be assessed a $10 per day fee.  A guest who would like to use the facility without a member sponsor is assessed a $20 per day fee. All guests must provide a photo ID and sign a waiver of liability to enter the facility. 
Members who bring guests are responsible for them while they are using the facility.  Guests are expected to remain with their sponsor throughout their visit.

I'm not ready to commit to a year contract, are there any short term memberships?
Campus Recreation offers a number of short term memberships.  For more information please see the Member Services area of our website

Cancellation and Membership Freezes

How do I cancel my membership?
To cancel your membership, you must fill out a membership cancellation form; all cancellations MUST be submitted in writing.  You can get this form online or at the Member Services Desk. Cancellation forms must be turned in by the 15th of the month prior to the month that you would like to cancel.  Cancellations during the initial one year contract will only be permitted in cases of a physician verified illness or a move outside of the 50 mile radius of UC.  All early cancellations will be assessed a $50.00 cancellation fee.

I am leaving on Sabbatical for the next six months can put my membership on hold until I return?
Annual memberships may be maintained as inactive for a $5 monthly fee, for a minimum of two months. Months paid at a $5 rate do not count towards the completion of an annual contract.  Current membership rates will be applied to all reactivated memberships.  The freeze form can be found online or at the Member Services Desk.


Is parking included in my membership?
Parking is not automatically included in your membership, however it is available to all Community, Affiliate and Alumni members as well as their spouses, domestic partners and/or legal dependents. Pricing and eligibility information can be found here.  UC students, faculty, and staff must purchase parking through UC Parking Services.

Can I use parking while on Campus at any time, or just to come into the CRC or FC?
Parking is only to be used while in the Recreation Center or Fitness Center, this is monitored on a monthly basis and any misuse will result in immediate termination of parking privileges.

Lockers, Towels, Rentals, and Pro-Shop

What is the cost to use a locker for the day?
There is no fee for day-use lockers; they can be utilized on a first come first served basis. 
When using a locker at the Campus Recreation Center, a member need only bring a lock. If the member does not have a lock, they are available for purchase at the CRC Pro-Shop located at the Member Services Desk.  Locks and belongings must be removed from day use lockers by closing that day.  

Semester and Annual rental lockers are available to our members. Additional information can be found online or at the Member Services Desk.

When using a locker at the Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley, a member need only bring a quarter or a lock.  The CARE/Crawley facility utilizes quarter lockers, day-use lockers, and rental lockers.


equipment checkout
crc lockers
fccc lockers

Does the CRC and Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley offer towel service?
Towel service is available per day, semester and year rates. We also have the option to purchase a towel punch pass that is valid for 1 year from the time of purchase.

Can I rent Racquetball and/or Badminton racquets and balls?
We do not rent out racquetball or badminton racquets.  However, racquets and balls are available for purchase at the CRC Pro-Shop located at the Member Services Desk.

This isn't the same basketball I checked out; can I check this one in anyways?
You are responsible for the basketball YOU checked out. If you leave the basketball behind and we collect it at the end of the night, you will be assessed a $5 fee.  If the basketball you checked out is lost or stolen a $40 replacement fee will be assessed.  All fees must be settled before you will be allowed access back into the facility.

Group Fitness

Is group fitness included in my membership?
Group fitness is included for ALL members.  Please visit our group fitness page for the most current schedule and class descriptions.

What is the difference between group fitness and instructional classes?
Group fitness classes are offered on a drop-in basis. You don't have to pre-register for group fitness and classes are filled on a first come first served basis.  Instructional classes are progressive in nature and require enrollment at the start of each session. Instructional classes build week to week and are open to member and non-members.  For a small fee, instructional classes afford the personalized approach that training does with the group setting of a class.

group fitness


Does the CRC/FC offer massage services?
Yes. Massage therapy is available in 30 minute, 60 minute and 90 minute increments. Chair massage can also be delivered to your place of business.

I can't make it to my massage today, can I be refunded?

Unfortunately, in order to receive a refund, you must cancel your massage at least 24 hours in advance.


Is there a pool at the fitness center at CARE/Crawley?
Although there is not a pool at the Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley, all members have access to the aquatic facilities at the Campus Recreation Center.

How do I get to the pool?
The pool is located on the lower level of the CRC.  If you follow the basketball courts, you will see a sign reading aquatics, you will go through 2 double doors to enter the aquatics area.

What can I do at the pool?
The aquatic center offers group and private swim lessons for pre-school, youth and adults.  We offer instructional diving classes, aquatic fitness classes and a Masters Swim Team.  Private rentals are also available.  Visit the aquatics page for a full list of activities.

Why is it difficult to swim backstroke in the lap pool?

The Keating Aquatic Center (KAC) is not an easy pool to swim backstroke in. The architecturally unique design of the ceilings does not allow for a point of focus to follow when swimming backstroke; swimmers need to use the lane lines and back stroke flags.


Intramural Sports

How do I Register for Intramural Sports?
1.  Pick a Sport and develop your team.
2.  Register at the Campus Recreation Center Administrative Suite (located on the east side of the Campus Recreation Center) during the registration period. CRC Administrative Suite is open Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
3.  Fill out a registration form.
4.  Determine which league/division you want to join.
5.  Pay the appropriate fee for that sport and you are registered.
6.  All players on your roster must be a CAMPUS RECREATION CENTER MEMBER; full time students are automatically members of the Campus Recreation Center.  Part time, co-op, branch students and faculty/staff must purchase a membership at the Campus Recreation Center to be eligible for intramural play.
Note: Space is limited and is on a first come first serve basis.  Register Early!!

How do I become an Intramural Sports Official?
1. Attend all of the training clinics for your sports.
2. Become knowledgeable in the rules and mechanics for that sport.
3. Understand the policies and procedures that are set by the Intramural Sports Department.
4. Work scrimmage week, you then will get evaluated on your abilities to officiate that sport.
5. If you prove that you have the knowledge and skills to officiate you will then be put on the schedule and paid for all training.  If you do not make it on the schedule you will not be paid for any training time.For more information and specific dates, visit the intramural website.



personal training

Personal Training and Nutrition

Does the CRC/FC offer personal training services?
Yes. We offer both one-on-one and small group personal training services to members and non-members. Soon we will offer master level personal training services. Please contact the Coordinator of Fitness & Wellness for more information.

If I have a personal trainer at another gym can I bring them to the CRC/FC?
No. It is against our policy for non-campus recreation trainers to train clients in our facilities. We do offer excellent in-house personal training services.

What is a fitness assessment?
A fitness assessment is a series of baseline tests performed by a trainer to create points from which to measure your progress and success. Fitness assessments measure cardio-respiratory efficiency, muscular strength and endurance, muscle and joint flexibility, and body composition and can be tailored to the client's needs.

Does the CRC/FC offer nutrition services?
Yes. iNutrition counseling sessions are available for a wide variety of nutrition-related needs and are led by a licensed, Registered Dietitian. For more information please visit the Nutrition page.