Work for R.E.C. Kids
The camp counselor position is currently closed and we will re-open in February 2017.
Responsible for the health, supervision, and safety of all campers and fellow counselors. Must be willing to assist in the development and implementation of all camp programs. Candidate must be creative, outgoing, have a love of working with children, and have good active listening skills. Able to develop leadership activities and skills to empower campers who have completed grades K-8.
Starting pay is $9.00 per hour.
- Be currently enrolled in classes or will be enrolled in classes in Fall 2016.
- Maintain an appropriate level of fitness to allow for participation in all camp activities.
- Willingness to work with children of all ages and disabilities in all camp activities.
- Hold current certifications in CPR and First Aid. (Camp will provide an opportunity for primary or re-certification during REC Kids Camp training week).
- Pass a national criminal background check and three (3) reference checks.
- Past experience working with children is highly recommended.
Camp Supervisors (3)
Camp supervisors work with professional staff to plan, setup, and implement various camp programming and events. Camp supervisors also supervise and evaluate camp counselors and communicate regularly with parents and guardians.
Starting pay is $11.00 per hour.
In addition to the minimum qualifications for camp counselors, camp leads:
- Must have at least one year of experience working in a camp or youth setting.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, communication, problem solving, and leadership skills.
Camp Lead Job Descriptions:
Camp Supervisor - Logistics
- Coordinate, purchase and monitor all snacks.
- Coordinate Camper Club activity twice a week.
- Plan and coordinate all field trips and Friday special events.
- Facilitate thematic programming.
- Maintain and monitor camp inventory include equipment, cleaning supplies, and first aid.
- Facilitate early camper pickups.
Camp Supervisor - Arts & Crafts
- Plan and implement all arts and crafts projects.
- Decorate classroom throughout the summer.
- Order arts and craft supplies.
- Maintain an organized work space.
- Coordinate weekly color-off contest.
- Maintain camper cubbies weekly.
Camp Supervisor - Customer Service
- Draft weekly parent/guardian newsletter.
- Process camp payments and assist with waitlist procedures. Communicate with parents/guardians regarding missing payments.
- Monitor and review form intake from parents and guardians. Communicate with parents/guardians regarding missing forms.
- Oversee camp attendance forms and review for accuracy.
- Take pictures daily and upload to camp photo albums.
- Organize end of the year slideshow.
- Publish daily schedules in web and print formats.
If Interested in any of the above positions:
Please apply at the specified links above. We will contact candidates via phone to set up interviews. If you have any additional questions, please contact Drew Salvador, Assistant Director of Intramural Sports and Camps.