What is RMR?
Resting metabolic rate (RMR) is the energy required to perform vital body functions such as respiration and heart rate while the body is at rest.
RMR accounts for ~75% of one's daily energy expenditure.
Measuring your RMR will tell you EXACTLY how many calories your body burns just to stay alive. From there, we will input several personal lifestyle factors, as well as your body composition statistics, to determine the amount of calories you need to consume each day to reach your weight loss goal that is specific to YOUR body.
The RMR measurement might be right for you if:
- Trying to lose weight
- Desire to gain weight
- Need to maintain your weight after a significant weight loss
- Interested in improving your overall health and fitness
The day of your appointment:
- Do not eat or drink anything at least 4 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Water is OK.
- Do not exercise for at least 4 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Do not consume caffeine or nutrition supplements for 4 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Do not use nicotine for 1 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Continue to take any prescribed medications.
- If you develop an acute illness (flu, infection, etc.) prior to your appointment.