What to Expect - Massage
When you get a massage, it is important that you feel comfortable and relax or you will not get the full benefit deep within your muscles. Here's what you can expect:
- You'll first complete an intake form, which asks about health history and expectations of the massage-the more thorough you are, the better your therapist can tailor their technique to your needs
- The second form is a simple waiver that is set up as a series of statements that we wish for you to understand and agree to prior to meeting with the therapist
- Once these brief forms are completed, the therapist will review them with you, answer any questions, and then review your needs for the day
- You will be asked to undress to your level of comfort, and instructed on whether you will be starting with your face in the cradle or face up, both fully covered with a blanket
- The licensed massage therapist will leave the room as you prepare for your massage, including removing jewelry that may obstruct the massage
- At any time during your massage, please feel comfortable asking questions as they come up, as our therapists are knowledgable on the human anatomy and are happy to explain procedures. If you wish to keep your appointment quiet to promote deeper relaxation, please share with your therapist.
Click here to learn more about the types of massage you can request of your therapist.