UC's upgraded eLearning ecosystem brings possibility to the realm of teaching and learning. The upgrade integrates the Blackboard learning management system with new systems in order to create connection and innovative opportunities for students and faculty.
The resources and training opportunities provided below are intended to help you, as an instructor, get the most out of the new system. If there are resources that you would like to have added, please contact email@example.com.
Wednesday, Jan. 14
Intermediate Blackboard, UCBA
- 3 - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 15
- 1 - 2:30 p.m.
- 3 - 4:30 p.m.
Associate deans are invited to request customized college-level training throughout the spring and summer. These trainings can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self-Paced Blackboard Course
This course is being collaboratively developed by the Blackboard training team and CET&L. All teaching faculty is enrolled in the course, and a certificate of completion will be issued once all assignments and tasks are complete. The course itself will undergo informal Quality Matters review.
All components of the face-to-face training is presented using a variety of teaching and learning approaches and media. Faculty resources (links to additional training, how-to documents for faculty and students, etc.) will be housed in the course, and faculty will be encouraged to use certain resources in their courses to assist users.
Quick and easy way to find the course on your Bb Home Page
- Log into Bb
- From your home page (My UC), click on Cntrl F (Windows users) Cmd F (Mac users)
- At the bottom left of your window, you will have a space to type in any part of the name of the course you are trying to find. Type in Canopy Training Resources.
- The course will then be highlighted green.
- Click on the course link
- Get started
Videos on Demand
The following are step-by-step directions on a variety of topics. There is documentation available for students on the Student Resource tab. We encourage you to refer to those resources in your course.
- Creating a Course Home Page
- Creating a Course Home Page after Export/Import
- Working with Video: Using Kaltura to Record Video
- Working with Video: Using Kaltura to Screen Record
- Working with Video: Uploading Media into Kaltura
- Working with Video: Using Kaltura to Embed Video in Bb Text Editor
A team of consultants will be available to assist faculty in building courses. Faculty who would like to schedule a consultation should contact Melinda Rhodes-DiSalvo, email@example.com, and she will match the faculty member's needs with a consultant/trainer.