Here is a list of some of the frequently asked questions from employers:
- How do I post a job where students will be able to see it and apply?
HireUC is where you can login or register to post your position.
- Where can I get registration information for upcoming events, including career fairs?
We have gathered a list of upcoming events here. Please note that all career fair registrations are completed online through HireUC. For additional information about career fairs and the registration process, contact Ashley Novogroski at Ashley.Novogroski@uc.edu or (513) 556-0313.
- I'd like to come on campus, outside of a career fair, to speak with students about positions I have posted on HireUC. How do I set that up?
Go to HireUC and request an On-Campus Recruiting visit. Tell us when you'd like to be on campus, how many interview rooms you will need, and which positions you will be interviewing for. You will receive confirmation of your requested date through HireUC.
- All interviews will be held in the CDC's interview rooms.
- All notifications for both recruiters and the students who sign up for the interviews will be managed through HireUC.
A significant number of employers have found that if they hold an "Employer Information Session" the night before the interviews they can fill in any remaining interview slots from their students who attend. "Employer Information Nights" are also managed through HireUC.
- I'd like to come on campus and give a talk in class to students taking my subject area. How do I set that up?
Call our office (513) 556-3471 and tell the receptionist what majors you are targeting and they will connect you with the liaison for your major who will assist you in setting that up.
- Can you give me some idea of the salaries UC students expect once they graduate?
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), the median starting salary for students from the Class of 2014 was $45,478. For more information, click here.
According to the University of Cincinnati's Destination Report, the average starting salary for 2014 graduates was $44,057. Feel free to contact the Career Development Center at (513) 556-3471 if you have additional questions regarding starting salary expectations.