The University of Cincinnati is a rich international community and is proud to have international students living, working, and pursuing academics on our campus. The Career Development Center is here to support international students seeking professional development opportunities such as internships and employment.
If interested in building internship and job experience in the US, all international students should:
- Know immigration laws related to work and internships for F-1 and J-1 students; understand how to apply for permission for employment and training. (For further employment instructions you will want to work with your advisor in the International Office).
- Know what you have to offer employers (relevant skills and strengths) and articulate your value effectively on your resumes, cover letters and interviews. Make an appointment with a Career Advisor to review your application materials.
- Establish a variety of career plans, which could include conducting a strategic job search for opportunities in the US and in your home country.
Job Search and Information Resources
- UC Student Job Search Information
- UC International Student Services: information on advising, employment, scholarships and other valuable campus resources