Preparation is the key to a successful interview. Some suggestions for ways to prepare are listed.
LEARN ALL YOU CAN ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Read the annual report, recruiting brochures, and other articles you find. Obtain information about the
company's mission and various departments through their specific homepages.
Information you will need may be found in the CDC Resource Library, Reference Section of the Main
Campus Library, the Public Library of Cincinnati, or via the Internet.
PREPARE FOR QUESTIONS YOU WILL BE ASKED ABOUT YOURSELF:
- Be able to answer questions such as "why do you want to work for our company?", "Tell me about
yourself." and "What are your qualifications for this particular position?"
LIST SOME QUESTIONS YOU WANT TO ASK THE INTERVIEWER
- Where is the organization going? What plans or projects are being developed to maintain or increase
its market share?
- Who are the people with whom I will be working? May I talk with some of them?
- May I have a copy of the job description? What might be a typical first assignment?
- What is the potential for promotion in the organization?
- What is the company like as a place to work?
- How will the company help me meet the goals we agree on?
- If relocation is involved, how much will the company help?