A resume style that emphasizes what you've done more than when you did it.
List relevant information in order of importance; briefly list work history and education
last in reverse chronological (most recent first) order.
1. Heading: How should an employer contact you?
Summary Section: Combine functional information from work experience under relevant categories:
2. Summary: What are some distinguishing factors about you?
∗ Top rankings, awards, honors, recognized or notable outcomes from your work
∗ Exceptional personal qualities, how you function in work environment
∗ Abilities required in job description, willingness to be trained or take on extra work
∗ Outstanding work ethics, supervisory or management skills, teamwork
Examples of categories: 2-4 bullets under each category
3. Communication & Presentation:
4. Marketing & Promotions:
5. Teaching & Training:
6. Community Involvement & Activities:
7. Work Experience:
∗ Full-time employment, professional experience
∗ Part-time, temporary or seasonal employment
∗ Internships, practicum, co-ops, volunteer work
8. Education: What are your academic qualifications? Where were you trained?