Erik Alanson serves as an Assistant Professor/Co-op Adviser for Information Technology students in UC's Division of Experience-Based Learning & Career Education.
Prior to UC, Alanson served as the Assistant Director for Student Athlete Development at Xavier University. While at Xavier, Alanson oversaw all student athlete development programming including personal, academic, community service, and career development initiatives. In June of 2014 Alanson’s career development program for student athletes won the National Association of Academic Advisors for Athletics (N4A) Model Practices Award for the top student athlete development program in the nation.
Alanson taught SPMG 141 (Issues Affecting Student Athletes) and PSYC 100 (Efficient Reading and Study Skills) at Xavier. He also advised a caseload of 150 students regarding academic curriculums, career and internship opportunities, and NCAA eligibility requirements.
Before coming to Xavier, Alanson worked at Miami University Middletown as an academic advisor for regional campus students. He also served as a career counselor and career development instructor at MUM.
- Master of Education- Sport Administration, Xavier University
- Master of Science- College Student Personnel/Student Affairs in Higher Education, Miami University
- Bachelor of Science- Psychology, Xavier University
- PD 1010: Introduction to Cooperative Education for Information Technology
- PD 1011: Introduction to Cooperative Education for Engineering
- PD 4025: Experiential Learning Abroad (Italy & Spain)
- COOP: Semesters I – V Co-op for Information Technology
- SPMG 141: Issues Affecting Student-Athletes (Xavier University)
- PSYC 100: Efficient Reading and Study Skills (Xavier University)
- EDL 100: Career Development and the College Student (Miami University)
- EDT 310: Methods of Tutoring Adults (Miami University)
- Alanson, E. & Robles, R. (2016). Using electronic portfolios to explore essential student learning outcomes in a professional development course. Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education. 17(4), 387 – 397.
- Robles, R. & Alanson, E. (2016) ePortfolio implementation for career education. Journal of Research and Practice in College Teaching. 1(2), 1 – 12.
- Alanson, E., & Robles, R. (2016). Electronic portfolio integration in a professional development course: A platform to explore essential student learning outcomes. World Association of Cooperative Education International Research Symposium Peer Reviewed Journal. (2) 1- 6.