Introductory Workshops for New Researchers
Our introductory Ready for Research workshops introduce undergraduates of all programs to the culture of research at the university, provide guidance and mentor support for students seeking research experience, and help students understand the benefits and expectations of being an undergraduate researcher.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify multiple ways to get involved with research & experiential learning on campus
- Determine which research activity aligns with your educational and career goals
- Have a clear understanding of what is expected of you when you become a research assistant
- Be able to list several types of experiential learning offered here at UC
- Develop and maintain a professional CV & resume
After successfully completing the introductory workshop, students are encouraged to continue in our ReCON Mentorship Program. Students who complete the workshop and participate in the mentorship program will receive an official Letter of Recommendation from the URSC Office and will be assisted in securing an entry-level undergraduate research position.