The University of Cincinnati Center for Community Engagement (CCE) works to connect campus and the community through service. The CCE works with students, staff, faculty, and community partners to make a meaningful impact on our community while helping students learn to serve, and serve to learn.
Resources for Students:
- Community Service Programming – includes one-day service events, and ongoing, fully supported programs.
- Community Service Advising - Empowering individual students and student organizations to move initiatives from vision to action.
- Volunteer.uc.edu – An online volunteer organization platform that allows students to directly sign up for volunteer opportunities. Sign up here to see how you can make a difference in the community.
- Weekly Service Update – A website and weekly communication that serves as a clearinghouse for volunteer and community engagement opportunities and information for the entire university community.
- Scholarships and Awards – The CCE offers the Annie Fitzgerald Award for Leadership and Service, and serves as a point of connection to additional service awards and scholarship information.
- Post-Graduate Opportunities – The CCE works closely with AmeriCorps, Teach for America, and Peace Corps programs to offer students a pathway to service, citizenship, and professional development.
Resources for Community Partners:
- Recruiting volunteers – Volunteer.uc.edu, Weekly Service Update, Service Fairs, Promotion of community needs.
- Accessing Community Work Study – Boost organizational capacity with limited resources.
- Gateway to university resources and stakeholders
- Program innovation
Resources for Staff and Faculty
- Gateway to community resources and stakeholders
- Program innovation
- Course support
Location, Contact Information
2639 Clifton Avenue
PO Box 210138
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0138
- Monday: 9:00a – 5:00p
- Tuesday: 9:00a – 5:00p
- Wednesday: 9:00a – 5:00p
- Thursday: 9:00a – 5:00p
- Friday: 9:00a – 4:00p
- Closed Saturday and Sunday except for Special Events
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) is located in the Stratford Heights housing complex (Building 19), on the west side of Clifton Avenue across from University Pavilion, and the iconic McMicken and Van Wormer Halls. The street address is 2639 Clifton Ave., and the office has a red front door that fonts on Clifton Ave.
If you're coming from campus, cross the street at the traffic light at the foot of the hill below McMicken Hall. The CCE will be the first building facing Clifton Ave. on your left. If you're coming from off campus, parking is available in the Stratford Heights Garage with an entrance just south (up the hill) from our office location, and another entrance on Stratford Ave., a block west of our office.
Below is a campus map that you may download and print for your convenience.