for leadership and service
The Annie Fitzgerald Award for Leadership and Service is awarded yearly to University of Cincinnati undergraduate students who possess a passion for community engagement. Students must be actively participating in some form of community engagement and/or service to qualify for this award.
Two winners will be selected - an emerging student service or community leader entering their 2nd or 3rd year; and a student who shows commitment to leadership and service focused on a particular project, area, community partner, group or issue entering their 4th or final academic year.
- Enrolled at the University of Cincinnati (full-time)
- Undergraduate only
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- All majors are encouraged to apply
- Previous winners not eligible
- One award will be given to an emerging student leader in service entering their 2nd or 3rd year.
- One award will be given to a student leader in service entering their 4th or final year.
Please submit the following to the Center for Community Engagement:
- Essay: Write an essay, no more than 1000 words answering one of the following questions:
- What does volunteering or giving back mean to you?
- How has your service helped you develop as a leader?
- Describe the role the civic engagement has played in your education.
- How can you inspire others to serve?
- One letter of recommendation sent directly to the Center for Community Engagement.
- The letter can be submitted via email directly from the recommender, or mailed in an sealed envelope with the recommender's signature over the seal.
- A current resume.
- Copy of Fall 2012 Grades with overall university GPA.
- If you were not enrolled in classes in the fall, please substitute your most recent semesters' grades.
- Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
All application materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or mailed to:
Center for Community Engagement
PO Box 210138
Cincinnati OH 45221-0138
Application materials can also be dropped off in person to the Center for Community Engagement at 2639 Clifton Ave., Stratford Heights Building 19, 45221. Only the materials submitted above will be reviewed by the scholarship panel. Applications will be accepted March 1, 2014 - April 11, 2014 at 5:00p. Applicants will be alerted of their scholarship application status by April 30, 2014.
Questions or comments regarding the scholarship? Contact the Center for Community Engagement (email@example.com, 513-556-1559).