for leadership and service
The Annie Fitzgerald Award for Leadership and Service is awarded yearly to University of Cincinnati undergraduate students who possess a passion for community engagement. Students must be actively participating in some form of community engagement and/or service to qualify for this award.
Two winners will be selected - an emerging student service or community leader entering their 2nd or 3rd year; and a student who shows commitment to leadership and service focused on a particular project, area, community partner, group or issue entering their 4th or final academic year.
- Enrolled at the University of Cincinnati (full-time)
- Undergraduate only
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- All majors are encouraged to apply
- Previous winners not eligible
- One award will be given to an emerging student leader in service entering their 2nd or 3rd year.
- One award will be given to a student leader in service entering their 4th or final year.
Please submit the following to the Center for Community Engagement:
- Essay: Write an essay no more than 1000 words about one of the following questions:
- What does volunteering or giving back mean to you?
- How has your service helped you develop as a leader?
- Describe the role the civic engagement has played in your education.
- How can you inspire others to serve?
- One letter of recommendation sent directly to the Center for Community Engagement.
- Copy of Fall 2012 Grades with overall GPA.
All application materials can be sent to email@example.com, mailed, or dropped off in person to:
Center for Community Engagement
2639 Clifton Avenue, Stratford Heights Building 19
PO Box 210138
Cincinnati OH 45221-0138
Only the materials submitted above will be reviewed by the scholarship panel. Applications will be accepted March 1, 2013 - April 12, 2013. Applicants will be alerted of their scholarship application status by April 30, 2013.
Questions or comments regarding the scholarship? Contact the Center for Community Engagement (firstname.lastname@example.org, 513-556-1559).