Civic Engagement

Why vote?

  • Have a say on policies that affect you!
  • Make politicians hear your voice!
  • Your vote really does matter!

Check out these voter resources:

Do I vote using my home address, or my college address? 

By law, college students may choose which address they use for voting, either their parents’ home or their school address.

My address or name has changed since I last voted. What do I do? 

If your name or address has changed since you last voted, you must either complete a new registration form or update your Ohio voting address online at

This requires an Ohio driver’s license number and the last four digits of your Social Security number.

Can I register and vote absentee at the same time? 


Register and vote in-person absentee at the same time October 2 - 9 at the Board of Elections: 824 Broadway St. Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202.

How can I vote absentee by mail? 

Absentee Vote by mail starting October 2.

Request an absentee ballot by calling 513-632-7039 or go to Ballots must be postmarked by November 5, or delivered in person to the Board of Elections by 7:30p on November 6.

Can I vote early in person? 

Vote early in person absentee beginning October 2 at the Board of Elections (824 Broadway St. Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202).

Early voting takes place:

  • October 2 through October 20: Monday - Friday, 8:00a - 5:00p,
  • Ooctober 20 - November 2: 8:00a - 7:00p

What identification do I need? 

ID Requirements:

  • If you vote in-person, absentee or by mail, a driver's license number, a state ID number, or the last four digits of your social security number are acceptable.

  • On Election Day, you must present a driver’s license, a state ID, or a copy of one of the following that shows your current address: utility bill, bank statement, pay stub, government check, or government document.

What is a Provisional Ballot? 

A Provisional Ballot is used if your eligibility is in question and you would otherwise not be permitted to vote. The ballot is cast "provisionally" until election officials can verify your eligibility to vote in the particular precinct where you vote at that election. A provisional ballot may be used if you recently changed your address or name and did not update your voter registration.

Where can I find more information?