Spring Neighborhood Enhancement Program
Join the Center for Community Engagement, Keep Cincinnati Beautiful, and the City of Cincinnati for the 2017 Spring Neighborhood Enhancement Program kick-off. This year's program takes us to Westwood/East Westwood.
UC volunteers will meet at McMicken Circle (near University Pavilion) and travel together to the neighborhood on school buses. There, volunteers will work in teams to address projects identified by the community for the Neighborhood Enhancement Program (NEP). Volunteers will help kick-off the NEP by performing various physical service and beautification projects.
The NEP is a 90-day collaborative effort between City departments, neighborhood residents and community organizations. Read more about the NEP here. Help our community realize its full potential and raise the quality of living for all Cincinnati residents!
What to expect:
- All tools will be provided.
- Event is rain or shine, so wear clothes that can get dirty and sturdy shoes appropriate for working in brush and mud.
- Projects may include: painting, vacant/blighted property stabilization, mulching, clearing brush, litter control, graffiti abatement, illegal dump site mitigation, and other tasks designed to jump-start the community's NEP.
- Register for the Spring Neighborhood Enhancement Program on volunteer.uc.edu
- Don't sign up unless you are committed to attending no matter what!
- If you're using this opportunity to fulfill a Cincinnatus or UC Global scholarship service requirement, note that your service hours will automatically be reported to the Scholarship and New Student Financial Aid center when you participate in this event.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Center for Community Engagement, email@example.com, 513-556-1559, or stop by our office (Map).