Spring Neighborhood Enhancement Program
Registration is currently closed for this year's event.
Join the Center for Community Engagement, Keep Cincinnati Beautiful, the City of Cincinnati, and the Over-the-Rhine community north of Liberty St. for the 2015 Spring Neighborhood Enhancement Program kick-off. Transportation and lunch provided!
UC volunteers will meet at McMicken Circle (near University Pavilion) and travel together to Over-the-Rhine on school buses. There, volunteers will work in teams to address projects identified by the community for the Neighborhood Enhancement Program (NEP). Volunteers will help kick-off the NEP by performing various physical service and beautification projects.
The NEP is a 90-day collaborative effort between City departments, neighborhood residents and community organizations. Read more about the NEP here. Help our community realize its full potential and raise the quality of living for all Over-the-Rhine and Cincinnati residents!
What to expect:
- All tools will be provided.
- Event is rain or shine, so wear clothes that can get dirty and sturdy shoes appropriate for working in brush and mud.
- Projects may include: painting, vacant/blighted property stabilization, mulching, clearing brush, litter control, graffiti abatement, illegal dump site mitigation, and other tasks designed to jump-start the Over-the-Rhine community's NEP.
- Register on CampusLINK using the button at the top of this page, or by clicking HERE.
- Don't sign up unless you are committed to attending no matter what!
- If you're using this opportunity to fulfill a Cincinnatus or UC Global scholarship service requirement, note that your service hours will automatically be reported to the Scholarship and New Student Financial Aid center when you participate in this event.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Center for Community Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org, 513-556-1559, or stop by our office (Map).