The University of Cincinnati will cancel all classes on the Uptown and Medical campuses at 11:00 a.m. today including all classes in session at that time. Offices on these campuses also will close at 11:00 a.m. More Information
AFTL Class of 2011
The Academy of Fellows for Teaching and Learning is pleased to announce that the following faculty members have been accepted into the Academy and endorsed by the Board of Trustees:
- Anne Bauer, EdD, Professor, Teacher Education, College of Education, Criminal Justice and Human Services
- Elaine Hollensbe, PhD, Associate Professor, Management, College of Business
- Brenda Refaei, EdD, Assistant Professor, English, University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College
- Michael Romanos, PhD, Professor, School of Planning, College of Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning.
- Sue Sipple, PhD, Associate Professor, English, University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College
- George Suckarieh, PhD, Professor, Construction Management, College of Engineering and Applied Science
The Academy was founded in 2007 as a part of UC-21 as both an honorary and service organization focused on scholarly teaching and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. The Academy sponsors outside speakers and workshops on pedagogy twice a year and this year sponsored SOTL @ UC in November and the Teaching Fair in February.
The new members were recognized at the Annual Awards Ceremony in the Spring and inaugurated into the Academy at its Annual Spring Banquet.