Welcome! This site provides you with much of the important general information you need as an adjunct. Your individual departments will also have specific information and processes necessary to your work. Contact your Chair or adjunct coordinator to learn other essentials as soon as possible.
Hiring Process (www.uc.edu/hr)
Adjuncts at UC are hired by individual departments. As with all hiring processes, the Adjunct hiring process requires that several forms be completed and advanced through a system that includes your home department and the Human Resources Department. Your driver's license and Social Security card will be photocopied at your department.
Things to do prior to your first day of employment:
- Sign and return a copy of your Offer Letter indicating your acceptance of the position you have been offered.
- Download, print and complete required employment forms (DMA and Form I‐9) – available at http://www.uc.edu/hr/toolkits/new_hire.html.
- Gather acceptable forms of identification. You will find a list of acceptable forms of identification on page 5 of Form 1‐9 (located at http://www.uc.edu/hr/toolkits/new_hire.html).
- Review the benefit plan options that are available to you. Review any benefit coverage (cost/benefit level, etc.) available through your spouse/domestic partner in order to choose the coverages that best meet your needs. Information about your benefit plan options is available at http://www.uc.edu/hr/benefits.html.
- You will complete your federal and state tax withholding elections online via Employee Self Service (ESS). You can review the federal and state tax forms online at http://www.uc.edu/hr/toolkits/new_hire.html.
- You will complete the payroll direct deposit process online via Employee Self Service (ESS). You will need your checking or savings banking information (routing/transit number and account number) in order to complete your entry. ESS is available to you on or after your first day of employment. Access instructions can be found at https://www.ucflex.uc.edu/irj/portal. department might require other documents such as a curriculum vitae and written letters of recommendation.
- Background Checks: A national criminal background check is required for all faculty new hires for all regular line and adjunct (OPS) faculty positions. A background check is required for returning adjunct faculty members who have been off the UCF payroll for more than one year.
- More information can also be found on HR's Frequently Asked Questions.
Questions about your hiring should be directed to the adjunct coordinator in your department.