Program Assessment Planning Summer Institutes
This program meets for three full sessions on the following dates and should be attended by those individuals/groups charged with creating their unit's academic program assessment plan for the University's assessment process.
Summer Session I
- Monday, May 5, 8-1:00pm
- Wendesday, May 7, 8-1:00pm
- Friday, May 9, 8-1:00pm
- Monday, May 19, 9-1pm
- Wendesday, May 21, 9-1:00pm
- Friday, May 23, 9-1:00pm
- Monday, June 9, 9-1pm
- Wendesday, June 11, 9-1:00pm
- Friday, June 13, 9-1:00pm
Download Institute materials here: Assessment Materials (.zip)
Following this program we assume that you will continue to work closely with your unit to further develop and refine your assessment plan using the work we've done together as a foundation.
We will help you:
- Identify and explain the purpose and process of assessment, including how assessment data might be used to identify strengths, weaknesses, and gaps within the curriculum that can be addressed to improve student learning;
- Identify & evaluate the components of an assessment plan;
- Draft a preliminary curriculum map for your program that identifies specific courses where program learning outcomes are addressed;
- Define expected levels of student achievement and develop corresponding assessment methods to build a foundation for a comprehensive program-level assessment plan;
- Develop a plan to gather, analyze, and interpret assessment data to determine how well student learning matches expectations.