The Author Interface provides an easy to use, graphical user interface for creating Web pages. This environment is protected by a firewall, so that it can only be accessed on a University of Cincinnati network.
Connecting to the CMS
If you are not on the campus network and need to work in CQ, you'll need to use VPN.
Details about connecting via VPN are available through the IT Knowledge Base.
Authors have several tools at their disposal, depending upon level of access. Tools allow the editor to:
- generate new content on an existing page
- edit existing content
- create new pages using predefined templates
- move, copy or delete pages
- activate (or deactivate) pages
- participate in workflows that control how changes are managed; for example, enforcing a review before publication