When you want to add a new page to your site, select the page which will be its parent in the websites console and click "New..." to bring up the template chooser.
Each UC site has its own custom template for Content pages. If you're the Author of a single website, you'll only see one Content Page template. The Contact Sheet templates will be for use with Lens components (see Announcements, Image Rotator).
- Title: The title displayed on the resulting web-page.
- Name: The page name to be used in the URL.
- Template: A list of templates available for use when generating the new page.
Once finished, click "Create." You'll see your new page in the websites console. Select the page, then double-click to begin editing the page in Author Mode.
Page Properties can be accessed from the websites console by right-clicking on a page, or from the Sidekick under the Page tab (second from the left).
When creating Web addresses, do not use the following file or folder names:
- backup *
- common *
- data *
- lib, libs
- windows *
* Folders or filenames with these names will not be included in search results from UC's Google Search Appliance.
Using other names from the list may cause the file to be unreadable.
In addition, follow these guidelines as outlined in the Domain Naming Policy:
- Website addresses shall be short and consistent with site-wide naming conventions.
- Standard format for Web addresses is college.uc.edu/department/ or server.uc.edu/department/.
- Names will adequately, appropriately and uniquely describe the unit/content, while keeping the address as short as possible.
- Use all lowercase letters.
- When necessary, use an underscore to separate words.
- Do not use spaces or any special characters (e.g., #, %).
- Whenever possible, do not repeat college, division or unit name when it already appears in the address. (e.g., uc.edu/ucchildcare/ or uc.edu/ucdisability_services/
Refer to the Domain Naming Policy for more information on doman names.