Visitors with Limited Mobility or Special Needs
Guests with Limited Mobility or Special Needs
Accessible parking and seating are available for guests with limited mobility or special needs. Please follow the instructions below to create a smooth transition from the time you arrive on campus until you depart.
An American Sign Language interpter is located on stage during all commencement ceremonies. Additionally, the commencement ceremonies are open-captioned on the the big screen during the ceremony. If you require seating near the interpreters, please contact the Commencement Office at (513) 556-3502.
For families with small children and individuals with limited mobility or other special needs, the Alumni Association hosts the Family Friendly Zone.
Instructions for Parking or Dropping Off Guests with Limited Mobility or Special Needs
- From Jefferson Avenue, motorists should enter the campus turning west on University Avenue.
- Motorists should proceed on University Avenue and turn south (left) on Commons Way.
- There is a designated drop-off location at the corner of Commons Way and West Daniels St. for guests with limited mobility or special needs.
- Motorists who are dropping off passengers with limited mobility or special needs are required to exit the drop-off area, return to University Avenue and park in the University Avenue Garage. The first floor of the University Avenue Garage has been reserved for guests with limited mobility or special needs.
- Parking is free on Commencement day in all University of Cincinnati garages.
To assist you in getting where you want to go, we will provide:
- Shuttle Bus services between the drop-off location at the University Avenue Garage and Dabney Circle. The Shuttle Bus has a lift to accommodate persons in a mobility device.
*Shuttle service begins 1-1/2 hours before the ceremony begins.
*Shuttle service ends 1-1/2 hours after the ceremony ends.
Click here for a detailed map of Limited Mobility parking and drop-off locations, walking routes, and the Family Friendly Zone.
Seating Accomodations for Guests with Limited Mobility or Special Needs
- Please enter the lower level of Fifth Third Arena East Concourse.
- Each guest with a limited mobility or special need can be accompanied by one additional guest.
- You and your guest will be escorted to a designated area.
- Additional guests should enter Fifth Third Arena at the Upper Levels.