Meet the Staff of the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards
Developing Character and Establishing Integrity
Core Values: Respect, Equality, Responsibility, Civility, Honesty, Character, Integrity, Caring, Justice
The Mission of the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards is to support the mission of the University of Cincinnati, through the implementation of the Student Code of Conduct (the university code of behavior), educational programs/sanctions, intervention programs and a due process judicial system. The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards is committed to promoting a safe, orderly, civil, and just community by utilizing the Student Code of Conduct in holding students accountable for decisions and behavior impacting the university community.
Student Conduct and Community Standards Philosophy
The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards encourages students to be responsible members of our community. A responsible student is defined as a student who:
- Values the concept of social responsibility;
- Respects community-established regulations and takes ownership and accepts responsibility for her/his behavior;
- Respects her/himself, personal rights and property of others, and a system of authority;
- Acts honestly, ethically, and with integrity;
- Participates in the formulation and enforcement of community-established regulations/standards;
- Supports a system of due process for all students.
The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards is responsible for adjudicating alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct. The Student Code of Conduct defines behavior expected of all University of Cincinnati students. The Office ofStudent Conduct and Community Standards is committed to changing the thought and decision-making process of students through educational and developmental sanctions that challenge their decisions as adults.