"On my honor I pledge that this work of mine does not violate the University of Cincinnati Student Code of Conduct provisions on cheating and plagiarism."
"As a member of the University of Cincinnati, I will uphold the principles for a Just Community and the values of respect, responsibility, and inclusiveness. I will promote the highest levels of personal and academic honesty and aspire continuously to better myself, the Bearcat community, and the world."
*Endorsed by Faculty Senate, GSGA, and Student Government Spring 2012
Why the Bearcat Bond
- Supports the mission of the University - 'educated and engaged citizens'
- Elevates the Just Community Principles
- Challenges every member to do the right thing
- Supports UC2019 goals related to community
- Consistent with elevated expectations and holistic admission
Just Community Principles
As members of this community, we will:
- Accept Responsibility by striving to build a learning community committed to these common values and principles.
- Celebrate the Uniqueness of Each Individual by respecting individual differences and promoting common interests.
- Embrace Freedom and Openness by working to create an environment that is safe and affirming, one that nurtures independent thinking and the free and open expression of ideas.
- Practice Civility by extending to those we meet the same respect, cooperation and caring that we expect from others.
- Promote Justice by working to build a learning environment that offers everyone an equal opportunity to grow, flourish and contribute.
- Pursue Learning and Scholarship by building on successes, learning from mistakes and pursuing quality in teaching, research and creative endeavors.
- Seek Integrity by aspiring to the highest moral and ethical standards.
- Strive for Excellence by aspiring to achieve our fullest potential in our educational and personal pursuits.