If you are a current student, you may wish to accelerate your academic efforts in order to graduate before semester conversion. You may want to consider increasing your course load in order to graduate while still on quarters.
Students: Meet With Your Advisor, See About Graduating Before UC Converts to Semesters on Aug. 27, 2012
What you should do:
- See your advisor to develop a plan to complete your graduation requirements under the quarter system.
- Use your summers if possible (and see about financial aid for summer). You may want to talk with your advisor about taking classes in your home town. Go to UC's One Stop to see what summer 2011 courses are being offered.
- Run your degree audit. This will allow you to track your progress toward your degree.
- Consult the Course Planning Guide and department notices for course availability.
- Register for classes early so you can get into the classes you need to graduate.
- The quarter before you plan to graduate, visit the commencement website, view the Final Graduation Checklist and the Frequently Asked Questions, and apply to graduate.
If you will be attending UC through the transition from quarters to semesters, you will
- See your advisor during the 2011-12 academic year in order to develop an Individual Advising Plan. All semester transition students will complete such a plan in the 2011-12 academic year.