Semester ConversionSemester ConversionUniversity of Cincinnati

Semester Conversion

eCurriculum General FAQ

A male professor lectures to a class.
What is eCurriculum?

eCurriculum is a web-based software system written by UCit to capture cross-college agreements (called the CC-1 template), courses (called the C-1 template), and programs (called the P-1 template).

How do I get access to the eCurriculum system?

All UC faculty have been given access to the e-Curriculum system, through your regular UC username and password. Permissions for faculty and staff are set up and edited by your college’s Associate Dean. Staff will need to be entered separately by the appropriate Associate Dean offices.

Can I log on and use eCurriculum at my home?

Yes! You will log in the same way using your UC username and password.

What are the deadlines for semester course and program information (including minors and certificates) to be entered into the eCurriculum system?

The timeline and due dates for semester courses and degree programs are located on this web site.

What are the course section attributes of H, S, I, and R found on the course construction template?

Effective Fall Semester 2012, a new "course attribute" functionality will be implemented where pre-approved alphabetic attributes may be assigned at the class-section level for display on both the online Schedule of Classes and the official transcript.

Course attributes will not be permanently affixed to the course number for all class sections but term-to-term may be associated with one or more class sections of the course (or to none) at the department’s discretion. Course attributes will be approved by the Provost Office. To date, the following have been approved: "H" (honors), "I" (international/education abroad), "R" (research), and "S" (service-learning).

One of the courses that I teach is offered only occasionally. Will this information be captured on the eCurriculum system?

eCurriculum will ask if your course is offered annually, in alternate years, or every third year (and which term). Only graduate courses can be offered occasionally (and this option will appear for graduate courses only).

Is there a way to print out the C-1 course template before the course is submitted (when C-1 is in draft form)? My college would like to meet in groups/committees to discuss courses before they are submitted.

Yes. There is a printer-friendly option where you can print the C-1 in the draft stage. To successfully save a draft form of the C-1, it must contain the credit level, course number, name, description, and learning outcomes.

Can I delete a course (C-1) and a cross college agreement (CC-1) that have been submitted?

Courses (C-1) can be deleted by your Associate Dean's office only. The reason for this is that your course may be associated with a cross college (CC-1) agreement, other system interfaces, or prerequisite information.

To delete a CC-1 that has a course (C-1), the stage in the C-1 approval process is the key to getting this done. The C-1 must be in the "course submitter" stage before the CC-1 can be deleted. For example, if the C-1 is in the Program Director approval stage, the Program Director can go to "view my courses (C-1)," select the course, select "request modification," and insert a comment such as "sending course back to submitter to delete the CC-1 agreement." The course is then "free" for the CC-1 submitter to select "view my cross college agreements," select the course, and delete the CC-1 agreement. The corresponding C-1 will not be changed.

Can I work on my course (C-1) even though the cross college agreement (CC-1) is not complete?

It is best to first complete the CC-1 because its data (such as course description and student learning outcomes) will interface with your C-1 course. You can however, begin a draft copy of your C-1, and update it appropriately when the CC-1 is complete.