The University of Cincinnati will cancel all classes on the Uptown and Medical campuses at 11:00 a.m. today including all classes in session at that time. Offices on these campuses also will close at 11:00 a.m. More Information
The University of Cincinnati switches from quarters to semesters in Fall 2012. This conversion to semesters provides an opportunity for UC to reexamine and redesign curricula, programs and requirements. Everyone who graduates after Fall 2012 will benefit from this restructuring process.
If you graduate before Fall 2012, you will not be affected by the calendar change. If you begin your studies on the quarter calendar and do not graduate before Fall 2012, you will be affected by the change and will be considered a "semester transition student."
Keep in mind that you are actually quite accustomed to a semester calendar. If you've been to high school, you've gone to school in a semester calendar.
Learn more about the semester conversion process here. If you cannot find an answer to your question, use the Ask a question feature or contact the director of your program of interest.
- Academic calendar under semesters
New deadlines and dates
Downloadable PDF wall calendar with important dates
- Co-op cycles during transition period of spring, summer and fall 2012.
- Co-op cycles under semesters
Undergraduate co-op cycles for Engineering, DAAP and Business
- Cooperative education (co-op) under semesters
Questions about co-op
Semester co-op calendar
- View the admission dates and deadlines for the upcoming semester system
Semester Conversion Information
- Follow Semester Conversion on Facebook and Twitter
- Glossary of semester conversion terms
- Helpful links
- Majors & programs listing
Find contact information by program
- Course attributes that will appear on your schedule or transcript
- Ohio institutions converting to semesters
- Pledge to students
- Visit the UC Cooperative Education Future Students page
- Why is UC converting to semesters?
Semester conversion background