We have more than ten distance learning modules available. Each distance learning module is facilitated by one of our Research Associates and includes clear learning objectives, a review of research, a discussion of application to practice, interactive participation activities, and post-tests.
Other courses have been developed or adapted for specific projects and/or agencies. All course materials can be accessed via the Internet on the University of Cincinnati Blackboard Learning System, or agencies may host them on their own websites.
Distance learning modules are self-administered, and can also be supplemented with individual homework assignments and/or group action planning exercises. UCCI staff will then review submissions and provide feedback via video conference.
List of Modules:
- Overview of “What Works” in Reducing Recidivism
- Offender Classification and Risk/Need Assessments
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioral Interventions
- Assessing and Addressing Specific Responsivity Factors
- Case Planning/Managing the Treatment Continuum
- Core Correctional Practices
- Behavioral Practices
- Aftercare/Involving Families in Correctional Treatment Interventions
- Program Implementation
- Quality Assurance and Evaluation
- Treating Substance Abuse in Offender Populations
- Special Populations: “What Works” with Mentally Disordered Offenders
- Special Populations: “What Works” with Youthful Offenders
- Special Populations: “What Works” with Female Offenders