Getting Started at CAPS
Welcome to the CAPS website! We are here to assist students in addressing and resolving personal issues so they can make the most of their educational opportunities at the University. In order to receive services at CAPS , you must be a registered UC student. Follow the steps listed below to get started.
- Look over our website to see the services we offer students and our Fees and Insurance policy.
- Schedule your Brief Screening and Consultation (BSC). You can call us at 513-556-0648, or you can come to our office at 225 Calhoun St Suite 200 M-F 8a-12p and 1p-4p to schedule your appointment. The BSC is conducted by phone.
- At the end of your BSC, the counselor will schedule your Intake Interview.
Required Forms for Intake
Prior to your intake appointment, you be asked to arrive 30 minutes early to complete (electronically), the Request for Services - Client Information Sheet and a intake survey. There will be other forms (paper copy) to fill-out before your intake appointment.
If you have any questions/concerns about the forms or information requested, you can discuss it with the counselor at your appointment. The administrative staff at the front desk can answer any questions you may have about our fees, insurance, and payments.
PLEASE NOTE: The therapist needs the entire intake appointment time to gather information and help you decide your next step. If you do not come early and complete the paperwork and online questionnaire, it may be necessary to reschedule your appointment. If so, you will incur a $25 charge.
- If you have insurance other than UC Student Health Insurance, please bring your insurance card to your Intake Interview. We need to make a copy so we can verify your coverage; this will help us determine your co-pay amount. You will owe $60 per session for psychiatry and $25 per session for counseling until we can verify coverage. If necessary, your account will be credited when coverage is verified.
- If you have UC Student Health Insurance, please bring your insurance card. Otherwise you will owe $60 per session for psychiatry and $25 per session for counseling until we can verify coverage. If necessary, your account will be credited when coverage is verified.
- Request for Services (Client Information Sheet)
- Information for Clients
- Consent for Video Recording
- Fee Agreement
- Authorization for Release of Treatment Records Information (this form must be completed if you want us to communicate or provide records to anyone)
- Health Insurance Worksheet (may be beneficial in helping you communicate with your insurance company regarding your coverage)
- Information About Group Therapy
- Community Mental Health Providers
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Informed Consent for CAPS Clients
***Remember to bring your insurance card,
whether you have UC Student Health Insurance
or other insurance.***
The information provided on this website is maintained by CAPS. It is not intended to be a substitute for mental health services provided by a mental health professional. Additionally, the viewer takes responsibility for interpretation and use of any information provided on this website.