What to do while you're waiting
What to do while you're waiting for an appointment
Counseling and Psychological Service (CAPS) is here to serve the students of the University of Cincinnati. The stresses of college, multiple transitions and other concerns keep us moving all year-long. During busy times of the year you may experience a longer wait for your first session appointment with your assigned counselor.
In the meantime, we would like to offer you some suggestions for what to do while you are waiting for your appointment.
If you are in need of immediate assistance, please call us Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. If you need immediate assistance outside of our normal business hours, please call CAPS’ 24-Hour Consultation and Crisis Helpline Care at (513) 556-0648 and press 1, to speak with a counselor 24/7, or go to the nearest ER.
Some Quick Tips for Improved Health and well-being:
- Try to get 7-9 hours of sleep per night!
- Go to the gym!
- Eat more fruits and vegetables!
- Learn time management skills!
- Think positive!
- Walk to class!
- Drink more water!
- Set realistic goals!
- Don't be afraid to ask for help!
- Create a bedtime routine!
- Vary your meals!
Go to a Workshop.
- We offer workshops on a weekly basis during the academic year. They are free and open to all students:
- We have an extensive group program that offers groups each semester to meet individual needs.
- Our mind, body wellness rooms are free to all UC Students, please call our front desk to reserve your space.
Helpful Tips: (Audio Links)
- Alcohol & Your Goals
- Authentic Happiness
- Balancing Family, Work, and School
- Balancing Family, Work, and School 2
- Concerned About A Friend?