Online or Distance Learning offers access and convenience to enrich learning opportunities. However, it is important to consider the differences between traditional classroom setting and online/distance learning. In general, taking courses online requires the same amount of time commitment, but allows for flexibility about when you use that time. In addition to good study skills, self-motivation and good time management are key.
To help assess if online learning is right for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I self-motivated and disciplined?
- Do I manage my time efficiently?
- Am I able to focus and avoid distractions while studying?
- Am I willing to devote the same amount of time and effort to online learning as traditional on-campus coursework/learning?
- Am I open to experiencing new ways of communicating with peers and instructors?
As you continue to determine if online learning is right for you, we encourage you to contact a UC Program Coordinator regarding the online program that interests you.