The President’s Diversity Council sponsors the Marian Spencer Diversity Ambassador Award to showcase current campus affiliated individuals and groups whose diversity and inclusion initiatives have positively impacted the university.
Students, faculty, and staff can nominate individuals and groups for this award if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Promotes an awareness for diversity and inclusion
- Exhibits sensitivity to people of various cultures
- Helps colleagues/peers grow in their understanding of diversity (race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, socio-economic level, etc.) and inclusion
- Prepares others to thrive in a diverse, global workforce
- Collaborates with colleagues to create and implement initiatives and policies that build an inclusive environment
This award is presented each year to recipients who uphold the value of diversity and inclusion in all its many expressions.
Recipients will receive public recognition for exemplary contributions to diversity and inclusion along with a monetary award.
Stay tuned for the call for nominations. All recipients will be recognized at the Marian Spencer Diversity Ambassador Luncheon during the 8th Annual UC Diversity Conference on March 30, 2016.
Click here to see past recipients.