How to Reserve Meeting and Event Space at UC
- To reserve event space or place events on the university calendar, please complete the online space request form by click in the square Reserve Event Space button in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Next, use the 25Live step-by-step instructions in order to successfully complete the online space request form.
- After you submit this form, you will receive an email with your event reference number. Save this email and reference number which tracks the event in the calendar system. This email only confirms that the reservation has been received by the CES office.
- When the space request has been approved, you will receive an email confirmation from CES. Under normal circumstances it takes a minimum of five business days for your request to be processed. For requests received for the 2013-14 Academic Year, reservations will be confirmed as quickly as possible and in the order received. We appreciate your patience as we process the large volume of requests received at this time.
- If you need to edit or make changes to your event reservations, please email Conference & Event Services (firstname.lastname@example.org). Refer to the event reference number and event name.
- Tangeman University Center (TUC): features 20 meeting rooms with seating capacities ranging from 10 to 900. Nine rooms have integrated A/V capabilities, and all rooms have wireless Internet access and can be set up for landline data access.
- Stratford Heights: includes a banquet room, piano room and patio. These spaces are for catered events only. All events for which admission, conference/class fee, or exhibits fees are charged, will be assessed room rental charges. The banquet room has integrated A/V capabilities and seating capacity up to 120 people.
- All outdoor spaces including TUC and Bearcat Plazas, Bearcat Pavilion, McMicken Commons, Sigma Sigma Commons and Campus Green, and the Campus Recreation Center Plazas.
- Classrooms can be used for regularly scheduled meetings. Recognizing that academic needs take priority in these spaces, classrooms can only be scheduled one quarter at a time.
Events with Food
Classic Fare Catering is the exclusive caterer for TUC and Stratford Heights. Use of Stratford Heights requires catering service for university departments and all food orders must be placed through Classic Fare. Classic Fare Catering service is also available for all events both on and off campus.
Meeting Room Rental: All events occurring in TUC, for which admission, conference/class fees, or exhibit fees are charged, will be assessed room rental charges. Additionally, if your event is before or after building hours there will be a $75/hour fee for the first hour and $50/hour for each additional. Building hours change per academic schedule. Room rental fees may be incurred per the event cancellation policy below. TUC Building Hours
Please note that fees may be charged for some events and services.
Cancellation: Reservations for the Great Hall, 400 ABC, Cinema, and a reservation involving three or more meeting rooms must be cancelled at least 30 days prior to the scheduled usage date. If rooms are cancelled less than 30 days prior to the scheduled usage, university student organizations and departments will be assessed the following fees:
Less than 30 days to scheduled date – 50% of rental fee
Less than 2 weeks to scheduled date – 75% of rental fee
Less than 24 hours to scheduled date – 100% of rental fee
Reservations for one or two meeting rooms with services ordered must be cancelled at least three (3) business days prior to the scheduled usage date or a minimum of a $25.00 service fee will be charged. There may be additional cancellation charges for catering, security, or other services ordered.
Reservations for one or two meeting rooms without services ordered must be cancelled at least three (3) business days prior to scheduled use.
Reservations must be cancelled in writing by emailing email@example.com.
Failure to Cancel: If a reserved space is not cancelled by contacting Conference & Event Services in writing by email prior to the scheduled date, university student organizations and departments will be responsible for 100% of the university rental fee.
Conference Management Assistance
Conference & Event Services provides complete conference management services. We work with departments, colleges, administrative units, and individual faculty to determine how best to meet their needs in planning and executing a conference or training event.
A management fee is charged for these services and is based on the requested level of service. A program agreement which includes an estimated budget and outlines all financial responsibilities will be prepared for all parties to sign prior to the start of conference planning.