Purpose and Description
Two Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Member Awards are granted each year in recognition of the vital contributions adjuncts make to the teaching mission of the University. We are seeking nominees who have made outstanding contributions to the goals of placing students at the center and achieving academic excellence in teaching effectiveness and student learning.
Candidates may be any teaching faculty with an FTE less than 100%. One person is selected from among those adjuncts who teach on a semester-by-semester basis (term), and one is selected from among those who have annual or continuing (bargaining unit) appointments.
Any full‐ or part‐time faculty member or student may nominate a candidate. Part‐time faculty may also nominate themselves. All nominators must adhere to the process described below.
1. Nominations shall include a narrative of no more than one page detailing the contributions of the candidate to the goals of placing students at the center and achieving academic excellence, and must also include:
- A letter of recommendation from the head of the appropriate academic unit. In addition to addressing the criteria, this letter should indicate whether the candidate is a term, annual, or bargaining-unit adjunct, and what course or courses the candidate has taught.
- No more than four additional letters of support from students and peers.
- A letter reflecting the endorsement of the college dean.
2. The selection will be made by the Adjunct Faculty Advisory Committee that reports to the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. This committee is comprised of two members of the adjunct faculty, two members of the full-time faculty, and two administrators.
3. The nomination packet must be submitted electronically as a single electronic PDF file by Dec. 7, 2012 to Ana Vamadeva, in the Provost's Office, at email@example.com.
4. The Committee will complete the selection process and forward the names of the recipients to the Office of the President by Jan. 23, 2013.
The recipients will be recognized at the Faculty Awards Celebration on April 17, 2013. Address any questions to Ana Vamadeva firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-556-4333.
Note on Selection
The recipient’s selection is subject to a final verification by the Provost confirming the current good standing of the awardee.